Sparta-Morgan Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparta-Morgan Relations

I figured while I was on a roll I might as well set up a Morgan-Sparta Virtual Embassy as well.

It's HERE and the password is:

sunburst

We've met !!!

Over to the diplomats
    Attached Files

Comment

May I suggest to ask what they think of a IndAut<->Gene Splicing deal with a no-trade clause of 20 years?

Eg something like "We're in the middle of negotiations with Gaia regarding a IndAut<->Gene trade, but they're only willing to accept a five year no-trade term. We were interested to hear if you would be willing to agree to a similar trade, but with a 20-year no-trade term?"

As Gaia has already met Morgan IIRC, we wouldn't be giving away any crucial info AFAIK.
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

As much as I like the idea of "playing two violins at a time", I don't think pulling any more tricks on the Gaians will be a good idea if we want to keep our relations to them warm. We'll see if we could trade Gene Splicing for something else from them. Heck, the Gaians and Morganites might be encouraged by that to work together and to agree that neither will agree to a term longer than 5 years.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I like it. I'll e-mail the Embassy URL to them and we can discuss it there

As an aside, Morgan and the Angels have not yet been in contact:
          Attached Files

Comment

Have the Morganites been informed of the meeting room?
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Done. I sent the following e-mail to jtsisyoda:

We have met. Our gunfoil is in the bay by Vander Eudaimonics

I took the liberty of setting up an Embassy discussion room, which can be found at:

The password is:

sunburst

We look forward to meeting you there

Major Googlie, Recording Officer to the Junta

Comment

Will you welcome them Googlie or shall I? Just so we won't crosspost and look silly in the process.

Comment

I'll leave it to you, you're Head of Diplomacy

Comment

How should we relate to them, I wonder. I think I'll go pretty neutral, polite but cold, for now. I do think of them as our #1 threat, but that's because they're steamrolling everybody in While We Are Waiting.

Comment

As you said in the chatroom, they really have nothing we need right now (except ec's) that we know of. They know what we have, so maybe a tactic would be "You know what we've got to offer, what might you suggest is a fair trade in return?" and put the onus on them.

I suggest that if they want to treaty or pact, we extract either some regular ec income (they benefit immensely from Treaties and Pacts) or else a free tech every ten years or so from them to compensate for the income imbalance

Edit: I see that jtsisyoda has already visited the Embassy and proffers greetings and goodwill

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie

I suggest that if they want to treaty or pact, we extract either some regular ec income (they benefit immensely from Treaties and Pacts) or else a free tech every ten years or so from them to compensate for the income imbalance
                        [
                        (laugh!)
                        I doubt very much that they'll give us a free tech...
                        Would you agree to such a proposal if you were the Morganites, Googlie?

But some kind of compensation should be extracted from them.
                        In my experience, I can usually get the 'trade differential' as compensation.
                        The treaty is handy for them, as they then know that we won't be invading, nor probing them.

Which reminds me.
                        If we are cagey inthe upcoming negotiations - they may very well give us a little bit more. Or else they do risk that we probe them (!).
                        This is what it means to be a Spartan. It's not the killing or the suffering that matters. It's the purity of focus, without fear of death or pain.

Comment

Originally posted by KrysiasKrusader
                          (laugh!)
                          I doubt very much that they'll give us a free tech...
                          Would you agree to such a proposal if you were the Morganites, Googlie?
                          I got just that in New Eden II, from Mongoose - a tech every ten years (he could afford to, as we three other human players in that game waited far too long before tacking him, by which time he had tachyon defenses and Quantum power while we were still fusion)

But some kind of compensation should be extracted from them.
                          In my experience, I can usually get the 'trade differential' as compensation.
                          I often get 1/2 the differential as income (ie split 50:50 between our factions)

They, of course, will argue that it's just their faction advantage, and will the Angels share free techs they get after 3 infiltrations, or will we send Morgan Elite troops in trades. I'll leave the Diplos to counter these arguments

The treaty is handy for them, as they then know that we won't be invading, nor probing them.

Which reminds me.
                          If we are cagey inthe upcoming negotiations - they may very well give us a little bit more. Or else they do risk that we probe them (!).
                          I bet they have probe defenders in every base by now. It's easy for Morgan with his cash (prolly armored as well)

Comment

Have you guys seen this yet!?

Have you noticed, as we have, the evidence of Angel-Gaian cooperation? IMO this makes it imperative that the Morgans and Spartans cooperate to avoid being left behind. Although cooperative victory is off, early and effective cooperation can still be critical.

We look forward to your reply.

-Yoda, COO, Morgan Industries

Let us not lose the opportunity to take advantage of the Morganites percieved fear...
                            This is what it means to be a Spartan. It's not the killing or the suffering that matters. It's the purity of focus, without fear of death or pain.

Comment

Which further substantiates my theory that the gaians and Angels were placed as neighbours to the southeast and southwest of the Hive.

I imagine with the Angels' longstrider probe and the Gaians first captured mindworm that they met fairly early on

I wonder if they are pacted?

All the more reason for us to get those Boy Scouts into position to avoid Angels infiltration, so that their techshare doesn't just involve getting free techs from a Gaian/Sparta/whomsoever triumverate.

Comment

Working...
                              X