Covert Operations - Gaians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posted by bin travkin in the general turnplaying thread
    Gaians ask extension due to very serious issue this turn (see details in our private forum), Snowflake pmed.
    Hmm. I wonder what that might be? Hive acitivty? They've met Morgan?

Comment

And speaking of which (the Gaians) - we still don't know much more than we did six turns ago:
      Attached Files

Comment

Here's what we know in 2161 re: the Gaians
        Attached Files

Comment

I see (2169) that the Gaians have changed their research from Env econ (which they now have) to Neural grafting.

I'm assuming it's a leapfrog with Morgan who gave them EE2 for them to change (although I could see biocenters being on their "must have" list for the moralle boost to ground troops and cycle boosts for mindworms, so they may have just discovered EE2 on their own, and changed. I doubt it, though)

Comment

Hmm, I see three possible reactions to the Gaians-Morganites acquiring Neural Grafting soon:
            • We tell them we'll research Neural Grafting ourselves in two years, and ask whether they wouldn't be interested in a leapfrog.
            • We switch research to something else than Neural Grafting after receiving Cyberethics, and trade for it with the Gaians-Morganites later.
            • We build the Planetary Datalinks after receiving Cyberethics, and try to get Neural Grafting (and other techs in the future) that way.
            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
              Hmm, I see three possible reactions to the Gaians-Morganites acquiring Neural Grafting soon:
              [*]We build the Planetary Datalinks after receiving Cyberethics, and try to get Neural Grafting (and other techs in the future) that way. [/list]
              Me like very much!

The Plantary Datalinks are pretty cheap too as I recall, a fungal gin freight and an upgraded crawler or two should be enough and still leave us with plenty of ammo to build at least one more SP.

I've never had any use for the PD against AI:s, but against 3 human factions it suddenly becomes very important.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac [*]We build the Planetary Datalinks after receiving Cyberethics, and try to get Neural Grafting (and other techs in the future) that way.
                Hehe, and I dropped writing a post about probe actions in preparations for getting Cyberethics a few days ago. I guess I should have written it after all. With our still weak economy, and a possible alliance against us (i.e. tech-starving) building, this sounds like a very good idea.

Snoddasmannen, the use against the AI is to stop them from ever getting back in the tech race.
                Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                  technically, there is a 4th ...........

we steal it from either the G's or the M's

I think we need it (to get to MMI and the Cyborg Factory) sooner than building the PDL and getting it that way

(Altho I agree that we should go for the PDL as well as the CF - that way we'll at least keep current on techs that the others jointly share - effectively puts us in a better position than the Angels - they need infiltration on the 3 that have the tech - we don't with the PDL)

So startt planning for an instabuild of the PDL in 2171

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
                    we steal it from either the G's or the M's
                    The commanding officer of the Crypteia has spoken.

Originally posted by Googlie
                    So startt planning for an instabuild of the PDL in 2171
                    Sounds great. This project will nullify a big part of any economy advantage the others might have on us.

Comment

A question:
                      How come the Gaians (a building faction) having built the Weather Paradigm seem so underdevelopped (from what I see) compared with the other factions?
                      Bases at size 3, land pods not popped, no visible terraforming...

Is it just me or is it real? Is it a consequence of their war against the Hive?
                      Something else?
                      From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

Too much treehugging?

More seriously, I have no idea. They were already like this when I joined the game. Must have been some serious trouble long ago or serious mismanagement all the time.

Comment

Well, we believe that they lost a colony pod to a mindworm (!!) in turn 2 or 3 or so, which gave them 2/3rds the potential of the rest of us right off the bat.

Apart from that, I don't know why they are so behind

Comment

Well - not so covert now.

Here's Gaialand as revealed from our Hydroponic satellite:
                            Attached Files

Comment

Good. We should post the following message when posting our turn:
                              "The Federation is proud to announce the launch of our first satellite - finally we can see close-ups of Gaians dancing naked through the trees."

Comment

Those Barren Wastelands don't look very barren to me btw.

Comment

Working...
                                X