The name says it all

Report as at 2120

here's what we know about the Gaians:
    • 2101: founded 1st base
    • 2102-2103: population stalled at 1
    • 2104: founded 2nd base
    • 2104-2112: population stalled at 2
    • 2112: population grew to 3
    • 2113: Population dropped to 2 (assumption is that a colony pod was rushed/completed)
    • 2113-2115: population stalled at 2 (consistent with a CP in transit)
    • 2115: Population grew to 3 (consistent with a) planting their 3rd base, or b) growing their 2nd base to size 2
    • 2115 - 2119: population stalled at 3 (so if they did plant their 3rd base, pop from base 2 should have advanced to 2 by now) - so consistent with losiing that colony pod between 2115 and now
    • 2120: population grew to 4 (consistent with base #1 growing a pop from 2112 to now

2120 summary: (speculation) - 2 bases with 4 population (could be 3 with 4, but data better fits 2/4 unless 3rd base was founded 8 movement points from it's home base)

Comment

2122 report

• 2101: founded 1st base
      • 2102-2103: population stalled at 1
      • 2104: founded 2nd base
      • 2104-2112: population stalled at 2
      • 2112: population grew to 3
      • 2113: Population dropped to 2 (assumption is that a colony pod was rushed/completed)
      • 2113-2115: population stalled at 2 (consistent with a CP in transit)
      • 2115: Population grew to 3 (consistent with a) planting their 3rd base, or b) growing their 2nd base to size 2
      • 2115 - 2119: population stalled at 3 (so if they did plant their 3rd base, pop from base 2 should have advanced to 2 by now) - so consistent with losiing that colony pod between 2115 and now
      • 2120: population grew to 4 (consistent with base #1 growing a pop from 2112 to now
      • 2121: pop stayed at 4
      • 2122: Pop grew to 5. Changed SE choice to Planned

They have the following techs (that we know of):

Centauri Ecology
      Information Networks
      Planetary Networks

They have not yet met the Hive

They are last in the powerchart

Comment

2126 Update to Report

2124:
        • We have purchased Applied Physics from the Hive. The Gaians do not yet have this tech.
        • We estimate that they have 4 bases with 5 population

2125:
        • Population: 6 (up from 5)

2126:
        • population: 7
        • SE Choices: running Frontier/Planned/Survival

2126 summary: 4 bases with 7 population
        They have not yet met either the Hive or the University
        Last edited by Googlie; August 11, 2004, 01:38.

Comment

2127 update:

Population dropped to 6, meaning that they have completed a Colony Pod

Are still lacking:
          • Applied Physics
          • Doctrine Mobility
          • Doctrine Flexibility
          • Hive Comm Frequency
          • University Comm Frequency
          • Peacekeepers' Comm Frequency

Still running Frontier/Planned/Survival

(Our estimate: 4 bases with 6 population. 1 Colony Pod in transit)
          Last edited by Googlie; August 14, 2004, 21:01.

Comment

2128 update:

No changes to previous year (thus colony pod still in transit)

Comment

2129 update:

Population grew to 8, suggesting a new base has been founded and the original base has grown its pop to 3 from 2.

(this has somewhat surprised me - I'll revisit the whole Gaian growth scenario in a spreadsheet later today)

Comment

Well - this is the only progression that I can fit to the facts:
                Attached Files

Comment

We've now met the Gaians, so our operations either need to be even more covert - or possibly completely transparent (if we pact with them)

(Note that this is all that I sent to them (pic wise) - if they don't know that there is a monolith there then we have a slight information advantage - (as well as a blocker in that rover)

Information is power
                  Attached Files

Comment

The damage on that worm does back up the claim by the Gaians that they've won battles against Yang and that Yang is not a threat to them. I'd imagine that their bases are still a good way off from the contact point and the worm was on a mission of exploration. This makes the island chain a good choke point for land invasions, which the AI is so fond of.
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Copied from the Sparta-Gaians thread

The Gaians in 2140

The Gaians have the Angels and Morgan's commlink, are in Vendetta with the Hive, and lack the PK's and the Uni's links

They don't have Applied Physics nor Nonlinear math, so their best weapon is still the level 1 gun

Their best armor is Synthmetal, as they don't yet have Applied Physics, a building block to HEC's Plasma Armour

They have started The Weather Paradigm, so we can assume that their bases are producing crawlers like crazy (as they have nothing to upgrade them to, unless they have "Secrets" and can trance them, which helps a little)

We are significanly ahead of them in the powerbar charts, but that could be due as much to our 15 versus 11 population as anything else)

I see their techs as:

Level 1 techs
                      • Industrial Base (which they needed for Ind Auto)
                      • InfoNets (which they needed for PlanNets and Planned
                      • Centauri Ecology (their starting tech)
                      • Social Psych (see reasoning below)
                      • Biogenetics (see reasoning below)

Level 2 techs
                      • Planetary Networks (needed to run Planned)
                      • Industrial Economics (needed to move on to Ind Auto)

Level 3 tech
                      • Ind Auto

That only gives them 6 techs, and I reckon they must have at least 8, (on a par with us), so I'm guessing their tech stream is either:

Social Psych and Biogenetics, en route to Secrets then Centauri Empathy (Cent Ecol being its other prerequisite) - so they might have the first 2 of that set

or

Social Psych and Ethical calculus (en route to gene Splicing) which also needs Biogenetics

So my deduction is that we can add Social Psych and Biogenetics to the Gaians list

So I don't see the Gaians as too much of a threat to us right now

Comment

I see they have completed The Weather Paradigm (PlanetVoice issue #7)

Comment

How many turns did it take them to complete it? Any estimate? did they just come up with a ****load of crawlers and rushed it in a few turns?
                          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Can be done in 1 turn by six regular crawlers plus a few (30 to 50 ec's) or 7 crawlers with a couple of rows surplus (Just scenario-tested it)

They started it in 2140 and completed the next year (1 turn)

Comment

What we know of their territory - 2149 (not much - bases indicated)
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Googlie; December 1, 2004, 00:13.

Comment

Working...
                              X