Attack Plans for the Hive!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attack Plans for the Hive!!

Lt Colonel Maniac today unveiled his attack plan for capturing the Hive headquarters base.

Junta officers' eyes were seen to visibly glaze over .......
    Attached Files

While I commend Major Googlie Lt. Colonel Maniac on your eagerness to draft up plans, sir, considering that we have no cartographic data, is not planning an offensive slightly premature?
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Oh - you mean winning in simulation isn't the same as winning in real life? The maps are different, you say??

We're Doomed

We need more data

Comment

Perhaps this plan just needs a jazzy codename, like...

OPERATION: DESERT CAMEL!!!!

Okay, they can't all be gems...
        Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Operation: Hive Freedom!!!
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

That's excellent! And instead of the civilians getting shrapnel wounds, they can get "red freedom badges".
            Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

When our soldiers get hungry while taking over Hive bases, we can feed them "Freedom Fries"!
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Hey!

That's the EXACT SAME PLAN I used in the "Forum Wars" series...

This is what it means to be a Spartan. It's not the killing or the suffering that matters. It's the purity of focus, without fear of death or pain.

Comment

Really? Were you planning to invade your Hivean pactmate Mongoose??

If only I had known that back then.
                  Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                  Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Well, this thread was started partly in jest, but the Hive are rapidly getting out of reach.

Here's their 2148 Nexus data:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like the Hive will remain untouched until someone discovers D:AP.
                      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

We're still a ways from D:AP (from Lal) but that shouldn't deter us from planning on how to deal with the Hive threat.

I suggest a modest first stage - rid our Homeland of the Hive by capturing those 2 bases on our territory. They are lightly defended (right now) and esp with HoA we can establish a chokepoint there that'll force Yang to take to the seas where we can handle him more easily
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ah yes, of course! We can use our new nifty 6-2-2 amphibious missle speeder for the job. We just need a crypteia to deter probe attacks on Hole of Aspiration, and we'll be set.

Comment

Working...
                          X