X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparta Engineering Corps

Proudly We serve
    Attached Files

This thread is dedicated to the discussion and deployment orders for our terraformers and seaformers

(Crawler deployment will be the responsibility of the Minister of Production)

Comment

WOW - I found a Spartan vehicle!! (Royal Engineers, no less)
      Attached Files

Comment

Whoa, cool! Did you just happen to find that with a google search? And it came just like that, without any mspaint work or anything from you? Awesome.
        Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Ya- here's the link

Comment

Tomcat-1's orders.

It's been suggested that after completing the forest northwest of SC3 (in 2123), the former then builds a farm at 52:16 (due east of SC3)

I think that a good use of an early former would be to connect Crater lakes with SC2 - a 1 tile road on 56:18 - and then another 1-tile road connecting Sparta command with its monolith just north of it (and linking with the Eurotas)

That would give us a good interlocking road/river network linking our 4 bases - good for defense and also for moving colony pods faster into the river beds for quick movement to their destinations (see below)

And surely our first farms should be built on 59:21 and 60:20 so that both could be utilized by any of the 3 bases - SC1, SC2 and Harbour?

And then connect Santiago Citadel with the Rio Grande via a 1-tile road through SC2's monolith

Thoughts?
            Last edited by Googlie; July 30, 2004, 13:59.

Comment

Thus
              Attached Files

Comment

Sounds good.

Originally posted by Googlie
                And surely our first farms should be built on 59:21 and 60:20 so that both could be utilized by any of the 3 bases - SC1, SC2 and Harbour?
                Those wouldn't have an effect though before we acquire Gene Splicing.
                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

After we get a sister former or 2 we can then think about prepping new base sites with roads leading to them and sensor arrays in them.

Which begs the question - an SA right in the centre crater tile woiuld serve all 4 potential bases (to be founded at the apexes of the 9-square tile bloc) - maybe that's something it could do next en-route to roadmaking (as Tomcat-1 will finish its first redeployment movement point on that precise centre-tile location)
                  Last edited by Googlie; July 30, 2004, 14:03.

Comment

We could save 1 turn of former time by planting the farm 1 tile NE of SC3 instead of 1 tile E. Tomcat-1 would still have 1/3 movement point left, and thus would be able to begin work on the farm 1 turn earlier. And wouldn't that farm generally have the same function as the farm E of SC3 would?

And then after Tomcat-1 finishes the farm, it can move 2 tiles south and plant a forest on that nutrient tile.

Edit by Googlie - changed name to Tomcat (I"ll dream up acronyms corrosponding to Hellcat, Shecat and Funcat as well)
                    Last edited by Googlie; July 30, 2004, 14:02.
                    Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeiter
                      And wouldn't that farm generally have the same function as the farm E of SC3 would?
                      Well - it was a sensor array that I was proposing in that central tile, not a farm (An SA on a tile can be forested over, but not farmed)

But in any event, the base won't be built for 10 turns, (SC3's pop grows in 6, maybe 5 after forest is planted), and SC3 can get its second pop working that other nut tile. Meanwhile Tomcat-1 will need orders 4 from now.

I agree a farm on 52:16 makes sense - that, too, would be within the base radius of all 4 planned Crater Lakes ' bases, and would be a 2-2-1 for a second worker. And you're right - in 2123, when Tomcat-1 finishes the forest it'd be there same turn and starting on a farm, which would finish in 2127, in time for SC3's second pop to utilize

Then that tile can be used by SC3's CP when it founds in, say, Purple, while Tomcat-1 either builds that sensor array, or heads off to do some roadbuilding to connect our bases

Comment

And here's another site with some good pics of the FV103 Spartan

Comment

here's my thoughts on road system.
                          blue road would connect 3 bases with only 2 tiles of road.
                          and purple is there to connect Rio Grande to rest of our transport system.
                          Attached Files
                          My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Now recruiting for the crew of Tomcat-2 being constructed in Sparta Command:
                            Attached Files

Comment

Tomcat - 7 is commissioned at Minas Tirith
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X