Interfactional IC story - discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interfactional IC story - discussion thread

Okay we'll figure out rules as we go along, thread is here.

If it's not too much trouble can Shanky move out any spam out of the story thread and into this thread.

People make up their own characters, and largely decide what your faction is doing. You can have mutliple characters, but I've found it gets really difficult to control more than 2 characters at a time.

I'm going to post the CMNs story thread so far in here, with periodic updates.

Note that if nobody is interested in this anymore please just say so, then I'll stop posting the story here.

Remember if you put a faction's name at the top in the "viewed by" bit of your post they may see what you're writing so trying not to leak information accidently that way.
    Last edited by Kody; July 4, 2004, 02:53.

ok so just post stories that suppliment the exsisting ones? or only start your own ones?
    Bunnies!
    Welcome to the DBTSverse!
    God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
    'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

You can do whatever you wish. Suppliment exsisting ones, or start your one that run in parallel. The only condition is the stories exist in the same world.

Zeiter: good segment

Comment

Originally posted by Kody
        If it's not too much trouble can Skanky move out any spam out of the story thread and into this thread.
        But of course.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Great write-up* Kody, things ought to get interesting now. I'll try to have some Spartan viewpoint written up today.

* Save for making Method sound far too intelligent.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Superb work, Kody. I look forward to more.
            Sadly, it seems the Spartans are the most active RP faction at the moment. :/
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Great stuff.

I'll also try to write something soon, regarding the colony pod being produced soon in Sparta Command.
              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I'm going to write about at least about the formation of the Ministry of Information.

What do the other Spartans think about the request and the co-ordinates from Pholus? I'd imagine we'll go with it, and I could write about it, is there anything specific you'd like to be involved?

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                Sadly, it seems the Spartans are the most active RP faction at the moment. :/
                Yes. It is most unfortunate. Hopefully things will pick up later on.
                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Piece about our pending colonization has been written and submitted.

I think giving groups of individuals the freedom to colonize other regions fits with the Spartan ideal of self-determination. When our third base actually gets established, I was thinking of next writing about some ceremony where the Spartan Federation is founded. (Note that I referred to us as the Spartan Brotherhood at the moment.) This would promote an idea of Sparta, not as a faction dictatorially ruled by military and police control, but instead a meritocratic society, a voluntary union of semi-independent bases, where each person is free to seek his own fortune in life. Is that ok?

Comment

I'm fine with it, my idea of Sparta always was something to that effect. As long as the other bases supply troops and resources for the central government, all should be fine. Good write-ups, both of them.

I myself took the liberty of sending a Spartan expedition to the alien craft, because the story would not progress otherwise. I also put Zeiter in charge of it, since he's been writing the story before and can continue with the expedition if he so desires.

Comment

I've written something around the foundation ceremony of Gythium Harbour. Always nice to have some potential political struggles in the offing.

Comment

I've got Rolling Thunder out and about as well (pretty much the 2115 position) with some background yet to be fleshed out re the subsidiary characters

Comment

I'm thinking about writing a segment about me telling my unit our mission objectives concerning the special pholus-commissioned operation. Although I'm still trying to think of things to say. Oh well, it will come to me. I bet it would help me if I got a decent night's sleep for starters. I really need to stop staying up until 3:00 AM, like I am right now. I've heard being sleep-deprived really fries your brain, and it clouds your thinking almost as much as being drunk. I've also heard it causes you to ramble and go off on odd tangents. I'm glad I'm not to that stage yet!
                          Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

It's highly subjective, it's all chemistry and some people's chemistry is slightly different than others'. I've heard of tall tales of hallucinations and borderline madness after 48+ hours of sleep deprivation, but I've managed nearly 70 hours with 4 hours of sleep beforehand with only one meal in that time (no, I'm not making this up - I did drink ridiculous amounts of water though). All I did was sit at the comp.

No hallucinations, no personality disorders or a fried noggin, although it did get really really boring. The problem is that you really don't have nothing to do with those extra hours, and you're too, well, tired to really do anything interesting or useful. I played a lot of Final Fantasy though - the newer ones don't really require too much invested thought.

It might have overloaded something though, I haven't been able to do 20+ hours since. Then again, similar rather unique circumstances have yet to occur again (solitude for several days, competitive situation, the will to do it).
                            Last edited by Kassiopeia; July 24, 2004, 04:06.

Comment

I think I read somewhere that the record for longest time awake is 11 days. The record was set by a DJ who decided to stay up as long as he could as a promotional stunt or something. And he survived, so I don't think staying up a few days or so would be really harmful. The longest I've ever stayed up is 48 hours at a LAN party last year. I thought I was still rather lucid and alert after that amount of time. I was coherent enough to figure out how to hook my computer up at my house again, although I remember I tried doing some math homework afterwards, and I made it through about 4 problems before I couldn't help myself from zoning out. That's when I went to sleep.

I've also noticed that water helps when I stay up for a long time. Also, any citrus food or drink, like orange juice, seems to help.
                              Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Working...
                              X