Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Units

Originally posted by Googlie
    So we start with 2 colony pods and a unity rover.

Found 2 bases and produce scouts? research cent ecol?

If food sufficient to grow to 2 first, then produce colony pods. Discover Cent Ecol in the meantime. Start Doc Flex

Found 2 more bases and produce formers, rush buying - to use that first free row of minerals for 21 to 23 ec's each, and change to scouts thereafter.

So by turn 10 or so we have 4 bases, 4 scouts, 2 formers and a Unity Rover

What now?

Originally posted by Googlie
    Actually, to continue on, I see we have already a suggestion:

Make sure we either start on, or build, a coastal base, then we produce a gun foil or 2 after getting Flex, to better explore/bully/extort our neighbors.

There is always "build" competition for colony pods, land and foil probes, impact rovers, formers, and, yes, eventually crawlers.

So what are our priorities?

Originally posted by Zeiter
    I'd say generally we should try to get colony pods out there as soon as growing to size 2 allows. If a Cpod has to wait because a base won't be at size 2 by its completion, then the priorities should probably go:
    1. formers
    2. more scouts
    3. rec tanks after we get Biogen, or possibly more formers
    4. a foil for scouting the seas.

A lot depends on terrain.

Also, will we be going uber-ICS base placement? (Meaning, mostly 2 tiles from base to base? I think that could help offset our industry penalty in the early game somewhat if we get more bases out there more quickly. But again, a lot depends on terrain. This ICS strategy is only good if there are several workable tiles near each base. If we find ourselves in a resourced-strapped dunes/fungus environment, our focus needs to be on formers instead of new bases.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).
Working...
X