Urgent message!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent message!

I've just had it confirmed to me by Kata, that the Spartans have taken 16 of our bases. To me, that means we are eliminated.

I propose that when the turn comes round to us, we present our unconditional surrender.
    Play hangman.

16 bases ??? wow, that's amazing...

I find this hard to believe, but I fear it 'll be true.

OK, I just looked into the turn, and it's bad.

We have 6 bases left: our military base on the landbridge to Yang and our bases in the north. The whole east coast, west coast and mainland are covered in darkness.

They took our both secret projects (amonst which the planetary energy grid), so sparta is uber-powerfull now.

We have about 20 units (including non-combat) left. We have 3 airplanes with about 1 HP left.

So, how could this happen? Drop troops didn't have such a long range... Well, their planes had a pretty deep range in our territory (from both sides) and cleared out all defenses first. Base capturing was done by elite rovers (3 movement points) landed by transport cruisers on our shores. 1 movement point to unload + 2 movement points over road = 6 tiles reach for those.

Also, based on the position of some drop units, I think sparta must have built some new bases (we don't see on the world map) closer to us. There's no way they could drop so far inwards on our east coast with the bases we could see on the map. (this last claim is however still unchecked)

I don't see any reason to continue playing, except forcing sparta to concentrate 1 turn longer on our defeat before moving on to the rest.
    Last edited by PJayTycy; December 11, 2005, 20:10.
    no sig

Comment

Uhm, as far as I can see this turn is due this evening

Are you playing it Chaunk ? It should only take about 11 minutes (10 minutes figuring out what happened, 1 minute to actually play)
      no sig

Comment

I've been away all weekend, and only got the turn about an hour ago, haven't even opened it yet.

I'll play it shortly.
        Play hangman.

Comment

Turn played. I got some terrible combat results, and so lost our chopper before it could actually reduce the stacks.

We should be eliminated next turn, and so on that basis, I've begun production of a scout patrol to destroy our southern most base next turn.

Our formers destroyed whatever terraforming they could get to.

And end turn is unnecessary, although I made it just for fun. Let me know if you really want it!
          Play hangman.

Comment

Sorry to hear we got eliminated guys, also sorry I haven't been around to help for the longest time either. Schools been keeping me very busy, but the plus side is that my programing skills have reached Evil levels

These will soon be turned in full force on Civ4 Moding including the AC:C4 project. I'm currently doing little mods for regular Civ and will move into the AC stuff when the SDK comes out (leveraging my C experience).

I see that their is an Alpha Centauri team for the first Civ4 Democracy game and this might be a good distraction for thouse of us with the game. Hope to game with you all again.
            Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Chaunk
              Turn played. I got some terrible combat results, and so lost our chopper before it could actually reduce the stacks.

We should be eliminated next turn, and so on that basis, I've begun production of a scout patrol to destroy our southern most base next turn.

Our formers destroyed whatever terraforming they could get to.

And end turn is unnecessary, although I made it just for fun. Let me know if you really want it!
              I'll try to play 2201 according to Chaunk's notes here. (ie: not gifting formers/crawlers/... to the Spartans, but trying to destroy most of the terraforming).

Did you scrap & recycle base facilities too or did you leave them as a gift for the Spartans ?
              no sig

Comment

Any opinion wheter to scrap & recycle facilities or not?

The turn is done otherwise, but I dare not exit & save it in fear of breaking it again. If nobody answers within 2 hours, I'll submit the turn with all facilities present in our bases.
                no sig

Comment

I saved and quited the game. While we still have till 22h this evening, I don't see any reason to delay the game, so I'll post it in the turntracking thread.
                  no sig

Comment

So, what happened here, did the spartans just get too much momentum from capturing university? could we have defended the PTS better?

Comment

Working...
                    X