No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start turn.

We got fusion this turn. Yay! Fusion is lovely, but that does leave us with a potential problem as to what to upgrade. A good problem mind you.

If we upgrade our choppers, our fight against Yang can be made short and reletively bloodless.

If we upgrade our probes, our defenses become that much better.

If we upgrade nothing, we can rush more facilities.

Tough choices, so I'm gonna canvas opinion on it, and if anyone replies with a preference, then we may well go with that. Note that we cannot do two of those, and that we cannot completely do any. My preference is number three right now.
    Attached Files
    Play hangman.

downloading the save now...

I'll have to look at the game to give a serious opinion on this matter.
    no sig

Comment

upgrading units (using current unit workshop, don't know if you want to change things in there):

choppers : 8-1-10 => 8-1-12*2 : 30 ec's
      needlejets : 8-1-10 => 8-1-12*2, trained : 40 ec's
      air defense: <6>-1-8, SAM => <8>-1-9*2, SAM, clean : 80 ec'se

hurrying buildings :
      lots of aerospace complexes are being built: we need those just before we launch our first satellite (in +/- 12 years?), so I wouldn't rush those

the other buildings : depends on how urgent you think they are. If you think we can hold off Yang with our air units, we don't need to rush the perimeter defense on the land bridge. Cost is between 40 - 80 ec's each.

Yang's current attack stack defensive values = 2* 3r, 3* 2, 5* 1 and 1 probe.

Now, what I, as a relative newbie, would do :
      Try to kill Yang's stack with our (1) needlejet and the healthiest choppers (they can attack 5 times and retreat to Morgan Weapon Arm, if their health permits). Upgrade air units that didn't move (probably 1 or 2 choppers). Use the rest of the ec's to rush the most urgent facilities.

oh btw: why don't you put deep radar on our air units ?
      no sig

Comment

Originally posted by PJayTycy
        upgrading units (using current unit workshop, don't know if you want to change things in there):

choppers : 8-1-10 => 8-1-12*2 : 30 ec's
        needlejets : 8-1-10 => 8-1-12*2, trained : 40 ec's
        air defense: <6>-1-8, SAM => <8>-1-9*2, SAM, clean : 80 ec'se
        Sounds like the choppers are probably a good buy then, two extra attacks and double the HP. I went through the workshop at the start of this turn (Fusion is a great time to obsolete lots of designs) so I think most of the designs are probably one's I'd use.

hurrying buildings :
        lots of aerospace complexes are being built: we need those just before we launch our first satellite (in +/- 12 years?), so I wouldn't rush those

The ones I'd like to rush are the ones in drop range of sparta. I think that may only be one, I'll need to check though.

Note that we can easily change our research goal this turn, as we have virtually no labs accumulated (5 iirc) so the half lost is no penalty. If you want to, have a play see what techs you like. I think I chose retroviral engineering for genejacks, but I don't quite remember properly. There was certainly a tech on the path to sats, but I remember it being a nothing tech, so didn't choose it.

the other buildings : depends on how urgent you think they are. If you think we can hold off Yang with our air units, we don't need to rush the perimeter defense on the land bridge. Cost is between 40 - 80 ec's each.

Yeah, our noodles are holding him off fine, no need to rush it.

Yang's current attack stack defensive values = 2* 3r, 3* 2, 5* 1 and 1 probe.

Now, what I, as a relative newbie, would do :
        Try to kill Yang's stack with our (1) needlejet and the healthiest choppers (they can attack 5 times and retreat to Morgan Weapon Arm, if their health permits). Upgrade air units that didn't move (probably 1 or 2 choppers). Use the rest of the ec's to rush the most urgent facilities.

The needlejets are attacking once each and ZOCing the rest of the stack. I think upgrading our choppers is a good move, and then rushing facs next turn. Probably anyway.

oh btw: why don't you put deep radar on our air units ?
        Umm, I forgot, and AndiD forgot too? No idea really, except for the SAM, clean ones natch. I'm sure there's a good reason for not doing so
        Play hangman.

Comment

Upgraded our choppers to 8-1-12*2 (deep radar, thanks PJ!) for 90ec. Mmmm, those things are lovely. Killed all of Yangs units in his pitiful stack.

Rushed an aero complex in Vander Eudaimonics for 60ec, and a childrens creche in City of ZZT for 2ec. Both will fully complete with their current productions next turn. Bit of a risk, I would rather have rushed to completion, but we couldn't afford that.

Started to move a rover probe towards Yangland (Currently in choke on this). should get there in 4 turns, so I switched research to cent:Empathy as he already has that. We need more rover probes for probing and the like, so I'll be building more next turn, and probing him till he has no tech we don't have. Yang is a lovely sharing person after all

Thats about it. Sliders changed to 40:20:40, so we have enough time to probe Yang, and also to maximise ecs so we can upgrade and rush much stuff. I'd like to upgrade all our formers to clean for example, but that's 450 ec (IIRC) so a bit too steep.

endturn attatched.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Chaunk; November 30, 2005, 15:48.
          Play hangman.

Comment

Just hope he doesn't "give" us Adaptive Doctrine. We don't need that tech (we already have the techs that follow it).
            no sig

Comment

I'm hoping he can be pursuaded to give us all his techs. He has three we don't have.
              Play hangman.

Comment

But we don´t want techs that are useless for they highten the price of new ones...
                Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                Let me eat your yummy brain!
                "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

At the start of the game, that's true. Right now, we save ourselves thousands of research points with every tech we gain, and the increased cost is negligable.
                  Play hangman.

Comment

Working...
                  X