Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartan diplomacy

Hi

I'm back from a 2-week holiday, and I see some Spartan diplomacy posts in the main forum.

The mentionned a sneak-attack on the morgans, did such a thing actually happen or not ?

And what about the Data-Angel probe-teams that landed in Spartan territory ? Why would the Angels want war with Sparta ?
    no sig

No idea, Googlie offered a Treaty on current turn - I deceided to accept - the extra ecs will help us more than them. And even if not - it's more fun to play with cash than with less cash.

Comment

Well, maybe they want to make it look like they are at war with everyone while offering treaties to everyone instead ?
      no sig

Comment

It seems like the Spartans have a new turn-player. Vishniac instead of Googlie. Is this good news / bad news / doesn't change a thing ?
        no sig

Comment

Some messages from Googlie in the embassy

- They persuaded the Uni to Treaty with us (they want their governors to start BUILDing and to stop CONQUERing) => I would accept

- They offer Applied Relativity for Bio-Engineering => No way, I'd say

Opinions?

Comment

I would do the same... just hope they won't invade / probe us to get bio-eng for "free" then.
            no sig

Comment

Originally posted by PJayTycy
              I would do the same... just hope they won't invade / probe us to get bio-eng for "free" then.
              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Good one
                This is the PM I sent out to Mead and AndiD following the attack, I quite like it

Dear Morgan ambassadeur,

As you may be aware, I am the new Spartan Foreign Affairs Officer.

I hope all is well on the other side of the ocean. Over here in Sparta things are very complicated. So many difficult decisions to be made ... As you surely understand, we have many options at our disposal at the moment. Plenty of ways through which we can continue to work towards increasing the peace and stability of Planet. Different members of the Junta are proposing different approaches. Anyway, I will not bore you with the details involved.

On an entirely unrelated issue, we have acquired from you the technology of BioEng. Regretfully our attempts to achieve these through diplomacy in the past have failed, so there were no other options available to us, as I am sure you understand. Unfortunately, this leaves us in a formal vendetta. It is my hope that you will quickly sign a treaty with us to restore the peace. This piece of paper will make one of those difficult decisions I talked about earlier that much easier. I am certain that certain other planetary governments will be more than happy to take this commitment, and make our lives easier, should you not be willing to.

By the way, send my regards to Mr. Moneypenny. He has grown to be quite the legend in our navy, Modo44 can't stop talking about him whenever we discuss Morgan affairs.

/ Snoddasmannen
                Foreign Affairs Officer,
                Spartan Federation

Comment

Originally posted by PJayTycy
                  It seems like the Spartans have a new turn-player. Vishniac instead of Googlie. Is this good news / bad news / doesn't change a thing ?
                  In case of Sparta, this changed very little. Major moves were always agreed upon by the Junta. Besides, it might have had to do with Googlie's travels or visitors not allowing him to play.
                  Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Working...
                  X