leap-frogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leap-frogging

created a board herre (password:underdog) to talk about leap frogging, will be sending out PMs shortly
    What type of idiot quotes himself
    -paramir

I joined and found the forum empty. What exactly do you want to use that forum for?
    no sig

Comment

I have been sick latley, and not in my full sences. So just ignore this thread
      -paramir

Comment

Well, maybe that forum was not a great idea, but we can still use this thread.

If we want to leap-frog or buy technologies, we should first have a list with techs we currently have and which techs the data angels / gaians / sparta has. Only then we can start a serious discussion about the techs.
        no sig

Comment

OK, I found the techs for every faction except Sparta's.

=> Everybody has all level 1 & level 2 techs, except Deidre. She lacks prog. psych, poly softw, nonlin math, field modulation

=> level 3:

Intell. Integr : Gaia is researching it, we don't have it, everybody else has it.
          Opt. Comp : only Gaia doesn't have it
          Ind. Autom : everybody has it
          gene splicing : everybody has it
          adapt econom : only Gaia and Hive don't have it
          adapt doctrine : Univ, Peace, Angels have it

=> level 4:

neural grafting : we are researching, Hive and Univ don't have it.
          synth fossil fuels : everybody has it
          ecol eng : everybody has it
          cyber ethics : Univ, Peace, Angels have it
          planet econom : only Univ has it
          Superconductor : only Deidre doesn't have it
          doctr. initiative : Hive is researching, nobody has it
          Adv. Mil. Alg : Univ is researching, nobody has it

=> level 5 :
          air power : everybody has it
          env. econom : everybody has it
          superstring theory : Peace is researching, nobody has it.

So, Deidre is lacking a lot of techs, the Angels already have everything.

Let this be a starting point for the tech-leapfrog discussions :-)
          no sig

Comment

Thank you very much, PJay!

Is Gaia interested in getting techs at all? I mean, they must already have too much of a tech cost if they lack so many of them...
            Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
            Let me eat your yummy brain!
            "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

summary for the 3 factions :

Deidre lacks as only faction : prog psych, poly softw, nonlin math, field mod, opt comp, adapt econ, superconductor

We lack as only faction : neural grafting (but researching now)

Angels have as only faction : intel integr, adapt doctr, cyberethics

Sparta offers for sale : Doc Init + Plan. econ. + the Angel's techs.

If gaia gives us neural grafting, we might leapfrog to MMI.
              If angels give Gaia intel. integr, they might leapfrog to Planet. Economics

both those are techs no one of us three have and were high on Andid's list.
              no sig

Comment

Still no response from anybody ? Not even a confirmation they received the msg and are considering it ?
                no sig

Comment

Dear Morgans

At the moment a leap-frogging would not be in out best interest

The area of Orbital Spaceflight and above is on our to-do list.

Like you we want it in peacefull hands instead of the Spartans.

With the DA status in tech advances a ecs for tech to increase out instabuild is how future relations are looking.

ForesterSOF
                  DA Ambassador
                  No DA then
                  Message also posted in general DA diplomacy
                  -paramir

Comment

This is probably a stupid question, but I noticed the Spartans have the Planetary Datalinks SP.

So the spartans would get any tech we shared with the DA and the gaians, right? That means the leapfrog would be only profitable if we researched things the spartans already have... else they could simply leech on us...

or can someone explain this to me?

Comment

Phenix, I think everybody forgot about that. But as neither the DA nor the Gaians want to co-operate we shouldn't really care now.

On the other hand, we can't win the tech race against Sparta who has the univ and the PK as pactmates for easy techs.
                      no sig

Comment

Well, we will try... if anyone hasn't got a better proposition, that is.

Comment

Working...
                        X