2133 End Turn and 2134 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whoha
    My 2 cents, throw econ to 100%, build those wonders asap.
    Let's consider increasing the econ. Maybe not to 100% because of ineffciency losses, but perhaps 70, 80, or 90%.

Once the turn comes down, lets see what moving the sliders will give us.

Mead

Comment

Quite a discussion! Page two.

I tried moving the sliders on the old turn. If we go 60% econ, we get 7 extra ec's, but lose 11 labs. That's not too bad. If we do 70/30, we gain no additional ec's, but lose more labs. If we do 80/20, we get 3 more ec's than 60/40, but lose an additional 15 labs. Ouch. So IMO 60/40 might be worth it, but anything further is too wasteful for almost no gain at all.

Waiting even just a few turns with those 6 crawlers might seem beneficial. That's 12 minerals/turn... that's almost half a crawler per turn. But we have to consider the new CP's that are coming out:

Money V can rush 11 mins of a CP in 2136. Found base in 2138.

SSR will complete a CP in 2139 without rushing. Found base in 2141 or 42.

Mor Vul can rush 9 mins of a CP in 2135. Found base in 2137 or 38.

Imp Pol can rush the last 10 14 mins of a CP in 2137. Found base in 2138.

RFR can rush 11 or 12 mins of a CP in 2136. Found base in 2139.

As you can see, we'll need to go 20% psych even before we can build the HGP. (Assuming we still did it at Imp Pol in 2139.) This will drain 2-3 energy/base/turn, times 12 bases = ~25-30 energy/turn. Compare that to the 12 minerals/turn from those 6 crawlers. The gain from delaying HGP is mostly illusion.
      Last edited by jtsisyoda; September 6, 2004, 11:30.
      "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

Is this support for SCs instead of CPs until we get the SPs? I have no objection to such a move. The crawlers will be useful if we don't get a SP. 7 2 nut CPs will get growth really fast

We might want to make SC 'factory' bases. Namely bases near lots of 2 min squares. 2 such places would be around the top of the mountain, and the forest to the west. A factory base will have several crawlers homed to it. Each base would have a production of 10 mins ideally.

Turn 0: 0 mins built.
        Turn 1: 10 mins built
        Turn 2: 20 mins built, rush the last 7 for 17 energy.
        Turn 3: 10 mins built. (thanks to rolling over) we could stockpile energy, then change it over instead. New crawler leaves base.
        Turn 4: 20 mins built, rush the last 7 for 17 energy..
        Turn 5: 10 mins built. (thanks to rolling over) we could stockpile energy, then change it over instead. New crawler leaves base.
        etc.

We have 8 crawlers next turn. We need 16 to get both SPs. If we churned out 1 crawler a turn. We'd have 16 by 2142...

Going to 20% psych with our current 7 bases will lower our ECON income by 4 / turn. I am not counting LABS right now. We can get tech later.
        Last edited by arginine; September 6, 2004, 11:43.

Comment

oh yea, forgot about the whole inefficiency thing.

Comment

I wasn't trying to support the argument of SC's before any CP's. Those CP's will produce lots of cash for rushing SC's, lots of mins for building even more SC's, and extra support for formers.
            "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

Working...
            X