2129 End turn + 2130 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2129 End turn + 2130 Discussion

Yang backed off his Synth unit. The probe bounced off the fungus so it couldn't follow. Our scout in that area bumped into a spore launcher. With 6-5 odds favoring us, I attacked it. We won, but the scout is at 90% damage. It should probably head to RFR's monolith to heal. With the extra ec's, we were able to rush two crawlers, at ZZT and RFR.

Northern scout is just looking around... going to head north into the fungus to see what's there.

Formers near Mor Ind and Money V are roading west.

Pops:
    G: 8
    H: 27
    A: 7
    M: 8
    S: 7

Picked Mobility as our research target. Nobody else has Biogen. This is further reassurance that we'll get HGP.

SSR could still do a scout this turn or next without losing minerals if anybody wants to lobby for or against it. I could go either way right now.
    Attached Files
    "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

I'll post the save here for people to look at, and then tomorrow morning (~10 hours from now) I'll make any adjustments based on feedback, end the turn, and post for the Spartans.
    Attached Files
    "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

We really want to seal off that chokepoint with a ZOC, if not a unit.

I'd think that ZOCing with a scout directly below the 90% scout would be good. (Does fungus affect ZOCs?) Since getting Mindworm Suprise in the fungus would not be fun.

Even a trance 3res wouldn't last that long.

The other option is to block the choke with the fungus directly S of the PT, then cover the fungus with other units to stop MWs.

-- CTO #endgame
      #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
      #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

I don't think fungus effects ZOCs.

We have a base at pop 2, with 2 growing to 2 in 6 turns, 1 growing in 8 turns, and 1 more growing in 10 turns. We will have enough crawlers for the HGP in ~3 turns (with some rushing). If we are lucky, we will get doc: ini by 2140.

I would plant some forest near the chokepoint. Forest can be used by bases, provides the same defense as fungus, we can build in it, and it doesn't spawn worms.

A forest, sensor and road to the square SE of the defense team would work wonders. The monolith would be 1 turn away for instant healing. We can also put any unit near where the southern scout is to exert a zone of control, but at the same time not be attackable by Yangs forces

As for the fungus growth, I'd wager on a fungal tower. I'd check to be sure. I'd like the scout at 90% damage to participate in attacking the tower (if feasible), and that would take several turns to get there. Fungal towers give good money, but there are strong against us FM fellows... Since we won't have our good scout unit in the area, I'd wait for the next availible nearby base to build a quick scout patrol.

Some exploration with armored defense team down south would be nice.

Comment

As always I strongly favor Land Grabbing (GET OFF MY LAND YOU STINKING HIVER!! )

We should scout down to the southern limit of our territory and plant a base. This should be a priority right after the HGP is completed. A southern base such as we may be able to build in that area can act as a watchtower for any nasty Yang invasion.
          Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
          X