Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unauthorized Recruiting Action

To all:

I just tried to recruit Flubber as a member of the Corporation. Below is a copy of the PM I sent him. I have not yet received a reply. Although I did not have the permission of the Corporation to recruit new members, I feel that Flubber would be a very valuable addition to our team.

I do not want to volunteer as the Morgan recruiter, but is there a person or thread who coordinates these actions that I should speak to before attempting recruiting?

Mead

Why not Join a Faction to See What's Happening

Flubber,

I think you are not currently a member of any of the factions right?

Why not join one so that you can see what is happening?

May I suggest the Morgan faction?

Because you are not a faction member I cannot tell you what is happening within the faction, although it is interesting.

There is some good game playing going on. I am not sure how much Morgan you have played in the past, but myself as a non Morgan veteran have learned a lot of how to play FM.

It is a very low threat enviroment. We have a number of active members who are doing a competent job of playing the turns. The faction does not rule by dictatorial fiat. The players seem to get along well and work (including critism when necessary) constructively.

There is some role playing going. Yes, we do have a Thread devoted to the public relations of the Morgan Corporation.

Although, as noted above, we do have some excellent role playing, the vast majority of the discussion concerns what we should do next and why.

I have, and continue to, learn a lot of Morgan and FM in general.

I have contributed a little to the discussions, but have spent most of the time learning and watching the developments.

Being part of Faction ABSOLUTELY beats viewing from the outside.

The Morgan faction would be an excellent place for you to view the game, and perhaps from time to time, offer us some of you sound advice (you have a very good reputation).

Please let me know what you think.

Mead

PS

Please be aware that I have no official sanction to try to invite you to the Corporation. I only noticed that you were a member of the ACDGIII but not a member of a faction and though both you and the Corp would benefit from your joining.

Because the faction does not know that I am inviting you to join I will post a copy of this in the internal forum. I am sure they would approve and welcome you membership.

I don't think we have a specific department for recruiting.

Early on, before the start of the game, I thought about recruiting certain people for the Morgan team. Once I found out how strong the team was, I decided not to actively recruit anyone. An ACDG is most fun when it's competitive and I wanted the talent spread randomly. However, from what little I have learned about the other factions' turn players (and judging from some of Drogue's comments), my concerns may be obsolete. So I say recruit at will.

Yes, Flubber has a good reputation.

The more, the merrier.
    "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

I also have nothing against Flubber

--CTO #endgame
      #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
      #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

Flubber politely declined. See his response and my reply to him keeping the offer open.

Mead

[quote]Re: Why not Join a Faction to See What's Happening

[quote]
        Flubber wrote on 19-08-2004 16:03:
        Thank you for the most gracious invite. Although I have been active i the forums lately , I don't really have enough time to join one of the factions.

If I were to join one though, I have little doubt it would be the morganites as I have been spending most of my gaming time working on strategies for them.

Thanks again and enjoy the game

Flubber

Okay, feel free to join if you get more free time.

I like being a member, even though I am not active, because I get good view of the game.

Mead

Comment

I see nothing "Unauthorised" about your atempts, as far as I know recruiting is still open and unregulated (We Morgans Hate Goverment Regulations ). Feel free to ask anyone out thier to join us the more the merrier I always say.
          Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
          X