2128 End turn + 2129 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2128 End turn + 2129 Discussion

I took a look at the saved game (I only built the base, and rush built stuff this time). We could probably rush build 5 crawlers by 5 turns from now.

Edited by Drogue for information that couldn't have been got without parallel playing, as warned below.
    Last edited by Drogue; August 16, 2004, 20:07.

Just to point out, I've already been asked and building a base in a parallel turn is not ok, until it has already been done in the real turn, and thus is already built there. Please refrain from doing such in future, it is playing ahead.
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Well, the plan was set in stone on that base, or as close as it gets around here. So don't be too hard on him, D.

Important decision before ending the turn:

The river north of Money Valley suddenly has fungus in it. This is a problem. Either somebody is popping pods up there, or there's a tower spreading fungus. Maybe Money valley should switch to a scout, and SSR could do a crawler instead of a probe. A scout is cheaper as long as we disband it in less than 22 turns. It's slower, but it also has an offensive punch against worms, etc.

The rest of the news...

City of ZZT founded and has to go with a doctor. It was going to build a former, but maybe waiting to rush a crawler would be better. If we're not going to build the HGP right away, a crawler will make the base productive even with a doctor.

RFR also got a b-drone, but since it's at population 2 and has a doc already, no problem for now. RFR can't build a CP, though, without rioting or starving. (Unless we use psych or get HGP.)

Pops:
      G: 6
      H: 23
      A: 7
      M: 8
      S: 7

Next turn:
      Former near Mor Ind goes NW to road. Formers at ZZT either solar the e-bonus or forest east of there. Former near Money Valley forests maybe?
      Attached Files
      "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

The mid-turn save, which I'll finish in about 10 hours based on feedback here...
        Attached Files
        "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

What's the '>' order on the scout near yang's synthsentinels?
          #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
          #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

The '>' is "Move SE" in this case.

I'm going ahead with a scout in Money V. There has to be something up north.

Comment

I also switched ZZT to a crawler. There were two reasons for this. First, ZZT would be minerally crippled until we build HGP, and second, SSR might have to switch to a scout depeding on what we find up north. This way, we can still do HGP more or less on schedule even if we have to build an extra scout. Our roading toward the min bonus in the NW will be slightly delayed, but you can't have everything. The formers currently in ZZT can do a forest east of the e-bonus, which will save a little time over doing a solar.

I invite everyone to visit the "Bases after HGP" thread again, since that spot up north now has fungus.

Comment

"In this case"? I still don't understand...

-- CTO #endgame
                #endgame

Comment

The '>' is kind of like the 'G' that's displayed when you send a unit on a long voyage. The 'G' stands for 'go to'. The '>' means basically the same thing, except that instead of using the mouse to tell the unit where to go, I used CTRL + (direction button).

Comment

I think foresting is more useful that solaring ATM.

--CTO #endgame
                    #endgame

Comment

Working...
                    X