No announcement yet.

Bases after HGP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our bases just need forest and a moist square. Unless there's a special near a base site, lets just stick bases down south to grab territory from Yang. Yes, we haven't explored enough to find a base site. If we find a base site, then lets build a base there.
    Last edited by arginine; August 23, 2004, 00:22.

Comment

We have five CP's coming out in the next three years or so. Here's an updated map. I used letters this time for the heck of it.

A base at "H" could use a sensor under it first, considering its chokepoint location. It will also need a farm for a two-nutrient square.

Sites at "E" and "F2" would need farms for two-nutrient squares.

Site "C" would need to have fungus cleared out.

Sites "A", "B", "D", and "G" have the best resources.
      Attached Files
      "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

I think D is not that great, but the nut special near it is begging for a forest.

F2>F1. F2 would be good so we can sight more area.

G I think is a bit... average but we should drop something SE of G to watch for landings.

I'd road through E and drop a base there then expand to F2.

I'd also say B1 to minimise overlap with A.

But on the whole, good base sites.

I'd also stay away from C. Beware the fungus!

-- CTO #endgame
        #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
        #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

A, B have good resources. A city that can use the eastern monolith (D). F2 because it has less overlap and it's not on the sea (thus can't be hit by a probe foil), and a base near H. Maybe in the future we can terraform some land near H up, so the base would be the only way between the two bodies of water.

Comment

Originally posted by arginine
            Maybe in the future we can terraform some land near H up, so the base would be the only way between the two bodies of water.
            I like that idea a lot. Env Econ is the required tech.
            "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

Working...
            X