2126 End turn + 2127 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2126 End turn + 2127 Discussion

I've downloaded the turn. If Chaunk is still MIA, I'll be available to play in about 12 hours.
    "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

I grabbed it as well.

We got another former, and a crawler, and both cps might be rushable, haven't done the math yet.

Comment

Our first crawler is on the Red Fungus River, collecting two energy this turn.

Next turn it can go on the river forest next to Mor Ind for two minerals, then the following turn it can rehome to Mor Ind and go wherever.

Set a doctor at RFR.

The former out of Money Valley went North to explore a little. Roading to possible river base site directly north. Could go back south to forest. There's a pod in fungus up there, and a base on that river square would make popping it safe.

The Mor Vul former is roading to Scorpi Ski Resort. Maybe the square west of the peak should get the next road. That way crawlers sitting there and on the peak can reach Impaler Plastics in one move. That's our most centrally located base right now, and the logical place for building HGP. (Renamed Morgan Metallurgy to Impaler Polymers.)

How about Safan Securities for the Western Base?

Rushed both CP's... Mor Ind to full completion, Mor Vul to barely completing. Zero ec's left.

Populations:

Gaians: 7
      Hive: 23
      Angels: 6
      Morganites: 7
      Spartans: 6

For 2127...
      Scorpi Ski Resort (SSR) could rush a former.

Western base could rush a former.

Mor Ind might be able to rush a crawler.

2130's...
      Rush crawlers, crawl stuff while building CP's and roading to new base sites... then just as we found a bunch of bases, build HGP.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by jtsisyoda; August 11, 2004, 00:21.
      "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

Base location options can be discussed here:

End-turn save...
        Attached Files

Comment

#endgame would like City of ZZT for a base name.

There should be some more rainy to the north of Money Valley.
          That river with min bonus is just asking for a forest, perhaps worked by MorInd's next colony pod?

Once we get some decent former powe, we should start mineroading the rocky tiles (though probably around the time we start researching EcoEng).

Or would we be better off going for lots of energy?

--CTO #endgame
          #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
          #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

Hmm, its going to take it 3 turns anyway to be homed to morgan industries and working the ebonus, so why not move it up the other way along the river so it can work the ebonus for RFR for a turn?

Comment

It's too late now, Whoha, it's already moved NW. But the reason I did it this way, is so it can gather 2 mins for RFR next turn and leave the e-bonus to the HQ with the node. I think that's a good "division of labor".

Mins or energy from Mt. Planet is definitely a crossroads type of decision. We can get six mins from rocky volcano mines, five energy from solars around the rim, or four mins from non-rocky volcano mines. We could do a mix... mine the rockies and solar the flat or rolling squares. That's after eco eng or env eng, respectively, though, so that decision is a ways off. For now, I suggest crawling two mins from rolling or rocky volcano squares, to assist building more crawlers.

What do you guys think about building a litigator (2 moves) in Scorpi Ski Resort? There's a lot to explore up there. Armored or not armored?
              Last edited by jtsisyoda; August 11, 2004, 10:32.

Comment

Unarmored litigator with 2 moves I'd say. If it encounters a worm, it will most probably be toast anyway, armor or not. Besides, synth would be too expensive.

Similar thoughts here about the Mt. Drouge compromise (rocky-mine, non-rocky-solar).

With the PTS all formers (speaking of 2 formers/PTS base) will be busy with roads & forests anyway until our horizontal expansion is finished (18 bases). In the minigame, the pods (and new bases) were rather waiting for the former crews, not vice-versa. No "spare formers" there...

So restriction lifting techs (except Gene Splicing perhaps) would be mostly a waste while expanding horizontally (except for +1 energy from rivered forest but that's neglectable in the big picture).

Comment

Working...
                X