This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Map

Here's a partial world map, constructed from F4 data. It is currently incomplete, but gives an idea of Yang's world. I'll be placing our entire map and infiltration data in this scenario when I get around to it.
    Attached Files
    "Cutlery confused Stalin"
    -BBC news

An updated world map including the placement of all Hive and Gaian bases, and much of the Hive's terrain.
    Attached Files
    -BBC news

Comment

what kind of a file is compressed in there?

Comment

Aw - hell. Rather than a .gif or anything it's an .sc - one of those files that you have to open WITH SMAC, I'll bet.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Yep

Please make it jpg or gif for us SMAC impaired(SMAC doesnt work)
          Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

SMAC? What is it? A map file? Maybe that's why pic editors and Notepad were having trouble....

Comment

It is, in fact, a SMAX scenario. I'll compose a screenshot for it at some point. Making it a scenario allows me to incorporate elevation and unit information that I couldn't get from a composition of base screen shots.
              -BBC news

Comment

How did you get elevation data? Did you simply look at grid? I can incorporate data on known landmark locations, probably later, and perhaps give a look or two. I think I already spotted a Hive base you haven't placed. Pretty good work
                SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

I thought I placed all 15 Hive bases. If I missed one, I can figure out where it goes pretty quickly.

I additionally placed all our bases, the known Angel bases, some rivers and fungus, and I carefully reconstructed the contour of the unexplored continent to our east and some of the terrain northeast of the Hive (Spartan territory).

I derived a lot of data by matching our unexplored terrain grid to unexplored terrain in the scenario editor, with trial and error.

Landmarks:

Looks like the Spartans have Garland Crater and the Angels have Nessus Canyon. The continent to the east probably has the Unity Wreckage, but I'm not sure.
                  Attached Files
                  -BBC news

Comment

I think I have all the elevation data (except Nessus Canyon, which is maddeningly difficult to replicate) and most of the data that can be gleaned from Hive infiltration maps. Now all of the continents are plain to see! However, I cannot distinguish between flat lowlands and ocean, so the continents may look a little different that I built, and I can't spot small islands and most narrow landbridges.
                    Attached Files
                    -BBC news

Comment

Here's a picture of the Hive's territory and the lay of the world, for those without SMAX.

-BBC news

Comment

Thanks CT...

Damn that place looks sexy!
                        Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Don't we know their pops for each base?

Comment

We do, but that will change continuously, and can be easily accessed from the F4 screen (for those that can open the turn). Yang has a total population of 50 as of our last turn.
                            -BBC news

Comment

Damn that place looks sexy!
                              so let's go and take it!
                              -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                              -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Working...
                              X