Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Sinder Turn Player?

Next Sinder Turn Player?

I think it's time we canvassed for the next Sinder turn player.

In the not too distant future, we are going to be a war with one or more other factions. So it will be an exciting time.

Because of our expansion and growing research rate there is a lot more to make decisions on each turn now than there was at the start. So if we can choose a new Sinder then whoever it is can take over playing the next turn or the turn after that rather than wait to 2181.

Perhaps with the added complexity we should reduce the turnplayer cycle to 10 years, so as to give everyone interested the chance of another go as turnplayer, if the game lasts that long. So the next player would hand over in 2190/91

What do you think?
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

It sounds fair.

For order I guess Alphabetical.

All I can really say is help us if I have to do the turn playing.

Still in the learning phase.
    You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
    There is a reason for everything.

Comment

I think 10 turns/turnplayer might be good. There is really more to do as number of bases go up. And I think the game will go for many turns still in the future. And despite some people say many wait to have it completed, I think we can expect a lot of interesting events in the future.

From active players and present for longer time, I can see two persons who might take over:

ForesterSOF
      Cataphract887

Am I missing someone?
      FlameFlash, if you come here often, say so, coz you are like here from the very beginning.
      Would you be interested in turnplaying?
      Mart
      Map creation contest
      WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Come on guys. Flameflash?

However if no one volunteers then it should go back to the beginning sequence (though EM and Maki haven't been heard from for quite some while).

So it would go to Geomodder if he is willing.

Comment

I'm willing, but I'm also planning to have my holidays the last 2 weeks of July, and the first 2 weeks I'll be on standby mode for something. Can be gone on short notice for a few days.

So as long as you keep that in mind, I can take over after your shift.
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Ok lets give it a couple more days to see if Flameflash or ForestSof can give some commitment and if they are hesitant we can can provide support.

Comment

Close one Geo in GO. You nearly succeeded.

Comment

Yeah, getting my old streaks back: finishing somewhere in the last three.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I would do it if no one else does.

Just remember to hold my hand and be patient.

Each turn would probably go the entive 2 days since I am in AZ, USA and a night worker.

Leading to lots of fun trying to talk with you guys besides the forumn.

Comment

Oh no, Forester, we need you on the diplomatic front.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

We can share diplomacy among us. Hope it works. I think also that ForesterSOF and Cataphract can wield the steering wheel this time. It is much different experience than simply multiplayer.

Forester, prepare yourself for more time needed to devote for this game, when you are the turnplayer it is more time consuming Be also extremely cautious when playing, you know, reloads are not welcomed by other factions and one unfortunate "slip of the mouse" may cost a lot. However, I think you will find new dimension of this game here, as I did

So as I understood intentions of Hercules, new turnplayer would take years 2178-2190 ???

And Cataphract, would you like to sign up for the next 2191-2200 ??? If you think it is not too early for scheduling this.
                      Mart
                      Map creation contest
                      WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Ok that sounds alright.

To make it more interesting maybe we can share out responsibility for bases build queues and workers in bases. All of course without sacrificing the overall best interests of the datajacks.

Comment

Well, I'll try this time to be in time to post suggestions.
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Just to check some basics.
                            Forester: you Ok with creating mid turn saves.

And switching to expensive/useful? builds in nearest bases for pod popping in case of rush finish.

Comment

I am learning better stratagy for SMAX.

Saving is no problem. I do it all the time with SMAC and GalCiv before making a major decission incase I need to never think that way again.

I have a web page so can link to pics in here all you want.

In short I will have to micromanage every move and decission and not leave anything sitting idle.
                              Last edited by ForesterSOF; June 29, 2005, 14:26.

Comment

Working...
                              X