Our Peace Conference thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Peace Conference thread

So we have an easily distincted thread where we can discuss how things progress (or not) there in the main forum.

O yes, I've started it.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Any hints on a way of handling this?
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

First let us agree that we are in favour of the all faction peace proposal. And for what 20 years and renewable thereafter. Or will we aim for 10 years to start with. ?
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

I feel we need to set-up a forum somewhere with 1 person per faction so talks can start. Like a meeting room forum style.

If this does not work then it is off to the live chat here.

Angel Rep -
        Spartan Rep -
        Gaian Rep -
        Morgan Rep -
        You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
        There is a reason for everything.

Comment

Well IRC doesn't work for me on 'Poly, so somebody else would need to replace me in case chat sessions are started.

In any case, I don't think it would be very practical, for I think there will be a lot of backroom conferences within the factions.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

We need to somehow get the factons TALKING to one another about peace instead of just saying they want peace.

In the forum version we can have a statement by each of their wants.

After each has posted their wants/conditions/terms/etc then each do a follow-up. On-and-on like a pbem.

For this talk is there a forum that all can go into like the ACDG3 area and make a new thread for "Peace Talks".

Comment

We can only start the thread, but as long as they don't give substantial input, I can't do anything else.

If this mutual '/me' stuff continues for a few more days, I'll start asking direct questions.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

It will.

What will help pull them to the bargaining table.

Time limit and if dont then we make decisions for them.

To back this up what would be the consequences if to back-up our decisions.

We do not have military to do that so I see us as having to make some sort of coalition of factions as the need arises.

Comment

Along with ringing the gong in the peace conference it looks like you need to beat a few people over the head to get thing going.

Ideas are nice but we need to influence action.

Comment

Draft of letter to Chiron Peace Conference.

To all CPC members:

We all want peace but no one is talking peace so for this reason I propose getting the ball rolling by having each member faction in alphbetial order make an opening statement.

The Angels wish for peacefull coexistence of all factions. In order to accomplish this some rules must be set.

These rules will be decided apon in the CPC and enforced by ALL.

Each represenative will now have their opening statement.

Comment

I like it so far. Though make a point about HUMAN factions because Yang is still beating on our door.
                      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

How does this sound as an initial post?

't Might be a little too for the Spartans.

I see. Both statements are quite impressing in their own right, and give a good first insight in what happened all those years ago.

On the matter of including other factional conflicts, I suggest we first deal with the ones present. And in case the Hive government still disdains our efforts here after it the Conference has proven it's value, we can think of extending our efforts.

Unfortunately, I see that neither of the dominant factions in conflict seem to show a willingness to cease hostilities for the duration of the Conference, even before agreements are reached. I can only hope not too many losses will be added then during our deliberations.

It also shows the stubborness of both dominant parties in this conflict, which will make reaching an agreement the more difficult between your factions.

The Spartan Federation sure has a high demand of compensation. Do you not think that the damage inflicted upon terraforming and harvesting equipment is more then sufficient compensation for the financial losses you have suffered sofar? Also, the dismantling of a Secret Project is still double the value of what you consider the main 'theft' done to your faction.
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Spartans were long in the peace thread.

Looking at what has been said so far I would give a cease hostilities statment by all Human Factions if not already done.

then All boarders will be froozen except for colonization growth of that teritory into uncolonized land not owned by any Human Faction..

It seems both have been hurt in one way or aother.

With a non-agression treaty signed by all Human Factions any Human Faction starting a conflict will bring all Human Factions against them.

With this proposition we can enjoy mutaual growth and defence against any Faction that starts a War.

Unlike Earth we must solve social problems for the planet as soon as they araise in order to negate any future military consequences.

As we know not all social problems will be fixed in time. This is why I propose the Mutual Aid Pact (MAP) for the future.

Comment

At least we have the S thinking about the truce idea.

I hope they agree and the G and M do the same; unfortunatly I wonder looking at what they have done and what they are aparantly going twords.

Comment

G has still not answered in the peach thread.

Would PMing them help.

Because of time I would wonder if a time limit to answer would help or hinder.

Comment

Working...
                              X