Increasing participation levels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increasing participation levels?

Increasing participation levels in the Data Angels?

I am looking to see how we can get datajacks more involved in the faction.

So far, imo, the actual turn moves have been fairly self evident and not controversial.

Our development in our portion of the planet has been painfully slow and as for us being sharp infiltrators of factions and researchers, we've been cursed by those Yang units.

However I think shortly we will be coming out of this dull phase as the netnodes and police units start to take make an impact.

In the earlier ACDG single player game, as the faction expanded so different parts of the territory and bases were designated as regions and decisions effecting terraforming and building in each region and its base was delegated to a regional governor.

This may be a route we could go down as we build new bases: we seem to have northern, central and southern sectors. However though we are an anarchist faction we would still need to work together at the national level for the overall good.

And then there is our accursed newspaper or lack of it.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Recruit Chairman_Chang immediately!! He could distribute scientific papers.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

How about making each member Govenor of a city and its units.

With the decisions like research path, war, etc going to the board for views and ideas.

So there would be forward momentum you could put a time limit per topic then the person incharge of making the decision makes it.

This should help pull in interested players to check the board daily.
      You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
      There is a reason for everything.

Comment

I heard that has been tried in previous DG's, with little success.

Atm we don't seem to do to bad, with a dedicated Sinder doing things and around 4 others aiding when needed.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

things seem fine to me,just playing along.i cant log in every day to check things out,so this pace is OK with me but why are so many registered to our faction and so few here?
          if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

I would think they are lurkers, readers and people that left and never told anyone.
            You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
            There is a reason for everything.

Comment

Well I for one, really appreciate you guys hanging around and chipping in. It all helps.

I suppose if you don't know what a democracy game is about or how it operates it can be intimidating.

I must also say that at MY2157 we should really have been in contact with a lot more factions. That block to the Hive has been annoying.

Otoh we are not under attack or serious threat.

So when we get to meet and infiltrate these other factions things should liven up.

I mean all we can really speak off is that one of our Spore Launchers has disappeared for reasons unknown and there is widespread speculation as to how this could have come about. we could mention that the said SL has seemingly abandoned a wife and child and left quite a number of orphan mindworms. (I know there is no direct connection but it makes good copy). Oh and Datajacks are trying to trace by checking the unique SL broadcast frequency for signs.

Actually I am quite enjoying this and may write a fuller piece.

The search for Old Sporey!

Comment

Do that! It might thrill me enough to deliver some copy as well!
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Looking forward to getting out of the building phase too. Just wish I had more time to devote to the game.
                  I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

This seems the most appropriate thread for this atm, former Morganite nosing around for access to a new faction:

I know this is rather premature as refugee status has to be worked out and there are other factions under consideration, but what role would a 'new member' play within the Data Angels?

I am of the understanding that the Data Angels have only a few active members. Would adding an extra person disrupt the DA's current team?

Do the DAs have a constitution, business charter, etc. to decide policy or is it very informal?

Are the DAs a Federation or a centralized government?

My preference would be to work in base development, planning and maybe terraforming, being a former Morganite.
                    Haven't responded yet, but if I would I would say it how it is.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

No harm in telling it like it is. We have a vacancy for newspaper editor. Then again as we build and explore more there will be more to comment on.

Comment

Oh, liveing things up with Mart never harms eh? Atm he's our only minitieus base manipulator.
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                        X