X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Communication from Chairman-Chang

Greetings Data Angels

Greetings Hercules of the Data Angels!

My attention has been pointed to your authority by one of your subjects on the subject of joining your society. If you are not already aware, I will be visiting Chiron to study humans and their societal behavior. Conversations have taken place between myself and various inhabitants of Chiron. It may be necessary to check the commlink logs for yourself to attain a better understanding of my intentions. In order to ensure that my stay on Chiron will be a pleasant and prosperous one, a few queries must be made.

Please note that my queries are asked in a general sense. The answers do not have to reflect that of the current status of your society. No inferences about any sensitive or confidential data will be made based on your answers. They are merely designed to instill confidence in my decision. You may confer with anyone in your faction or include answers from anyone in your faction, so long as it is representative of the people in your faction. You may even share this message in your faction's private channels.

Query #1: Occupying my time in a safe, useful, and gratifying manner is the priority. What position would I assume if I were to join your ranks?

Query #2: How would my research be furthered?

Query #3: What is perceived of me in context to all of my recent transmissions?

Query #4: Has my presence been discussed amongst your people? Is my presence welcome amongst your people?

Query #5: How active are you and your people in your government?

Your reactions to the following situations will help determine if your agenda matches mine:

Order these secret projects in order of importance -

Human Genome Project
    Hunter Seeker Algorithm
    Planetary Transit System
    Telepathic Matrix
    Weather Paradigm

Typcially, what is the first base facility constructed in a new outpost?

Typcially, what technology is sought within the first 50 years of planetfall?

If one of the following products of technology was attainable, which would be sacrificed?

Terraformers
    Needlejets
    Social Engineering
    Commlinks

If you had to make a soccer team out of the leaders of each faction, who would be the goalie and who would you have play forward?

Your haste with these queries will be appreciated. My airship departs for Chiron soon.

-* Chairman Chang signing out *-
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Well the Chairman is certainly being systematic.

See the recruitment thread for earlier contact.

I will of course respond but I thought it might be useful to hear your views.

You can be frank because if he does decide to join our faction I can always edit this thread.

Views of recent newcomers would be welcome.

Comment

He sounds like a guy who knows what he wants. He PM'ed me a bit as well with a similar list of questions.

I simply answered those who don't give private teaminfo, and told him which ones can't be answered and why. He seemed to respect that.

't Looks like he wants to do some RP in this DG, and we sure could use a player like that.

For this list of questions, I recommend doing the same trick as I did: answering those who don't give away private faction info, and explaining why some other can't.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

And these are the PM's he sent to me... the second one was in response on my answers on his first one.

Chairman_Chang wrote on 25-01-2005 09:57:
        Your interest in my studies is acknowledged. I am not very familiar how "purposely designed algorithms" work, but I believe they will supplement my research quite nicely. My studies show that your society's stature is a bit questionable. I would need more evidence that my stay with you would pay off. My request is that you reduce the amount of propaganda in your case, after all, I have been studying a society's motives for many more years than you can fathom.

I would like a summary of the current status of the Data Angels.

Please supply the following form with your data:

Base Count:

Population Count: (Rough estimate is adequate)

Current alliances/vendettas:

Most recent discovery:

Favorite Color:

If you could be any native life form of Planet, what would you be and why:

Your omittance of such sensitive data is respectable. The purpose of my prying was not based on subversion. It was merely an attempt to understand your society's position on the global "food chain".

My motives are not driven by power and position, but rather the desire for an extroadinary learning experience and enjoyable stay on Chiron. It is admitted that a successful society will greatly contribute to that cause, however stories are only told by winners, where stories of the less fortunate are seldom heard.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

It sound good but I would remember the sayings

"Looks can be deceiving"
          "Sound to good to be true"

in your decision making.
          You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
          There is a reason for everything.

Comment

Ok Draft response

Q1 Faction Historian but there is also position of newspaper editor open

Q2 Can't disclose for reasons of security

Q3 Potential useful datajack with role playing ability

Q4 Yes and Yes

Q5 We are anarchists

Special Projects

Hunter-Seeker Algorithm

Telepathic Matrix (though unlikely to be reached in this game)

The others are already built

Recycling Tanks

Don't understand question, if only one then terraformer

Miriam (solid, scares attackers) in Goals and Yang
            (relentless in going forward, disciplined, knows how to build attacking move) and Sinder (sleek, evasive, fast moving, probes defences) as forwards.

Comment

Yeah, terraformers is what a society really needs to prosper. It is the correct answer I think. The rest can be lived without.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I replied to the Chairman as above.

However I must report than some of the other faction leaders
                suspect that Chairman_ Chang is none other than EN in another guise.

I suspect this might have crossed some of your minds also.

Comment

Mmm, if he is him, then he has disguised it quite well for 't was not something crossing my mind.

But it was a bit strange that he PM'd me quite soon after my first 'wink' post to him in the recruit thread...
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Seems like you were the first responding on Changs' questions, Herc.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Yep

And he also clarified his question'

If one of the following products of technology was attainable, which would be sacrificed?

Terraformers
                      Needlejets
                      Social Engineering
                      Commlinks

He meant if one of these was unattainable which would be sacrificed?

I chose the needlejets

Comment

Yeah, 'choppers are still around the corner eh?
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

hmmm why dosnt he say ''hello im chairman chang and would like to join you'' instead of that longwinded speech?

49.99% says he is a mole,50% says he is a noobie,and .01% says he is on the level

i know that on other forums that people who talked like this turned out to be smurfing.but i do have a certain willingness to judge people quickly.

im OK with whatever you guys decide
                          if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Guess the point is mote by now, heard or saw nothing of him anymore.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Odd though... data miner DL?
                              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Working...
                              X