Intelligence pact proposal from Gaians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intelligence pact proposal from Gaians

This is to discuss it and vote on the proposal.
    We do have to agree that the biggest threat presented to each faction on planet is Morgan Industries. Regardless of our current/future relations with them, they are the biggest and most immediate threat to our survival. This is why I simultanuously suggest this pact to you and High Council. Although no direct actions against Morgan are required from any of our respective factions, we should share our intelligence data on him between us, as well as our hypothesis about their future actions. We would establish a databank regarding Morgan activities. We can both contribute by adding data about technologies that are in ther possesion (like their recent aquisitions of Mobility and Flexibility) and other possible data. Gaian Union can also provide you with data on their relations with Yang, since we have infiltrated his networks (the fact that these two faction have good relations is concerning). We would provide each other with new info as soon as we discover it. Terms are open for proposal and negotiations and I believe that this idea is reasonable. What do you say? I believe High Council will express support my proposal.
    I think that we could agree on this pact for some indefinite time. If in the future we wish to quit from it, we can do it. However I consider this pact quite controversial since it may require from us release some information we would rather keep secret.
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

.....release from us some Information we would rather keep secret....such as ?
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

it's when we have infiltration on Morganities and Gaians do not, but that may not be a long time case. But you never know. We were stopped when trying to infiltrate hive for long time now. I have impression Morganities are much closer to us than to Gaians.
      Another case is when we got some info on Morganities from Spartans. They told us for example how many techs they have and other info. But that maybe till we have infiltration. What really would count here is what Spartans tell us about Spartan-Morganities relations. Would we be obliged to release that info? Would Gaians insist on releasing it based on this pact?
      Mart
      Map creation contest
      WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

It is so generally worded that I would think yes.

For this reason causing uneasyness I would make it last ten cycles and renewable for another ten indefinatly.
        You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
        There is a reason for everything.

Comment

Go with Forester's Suggestion of 10 years.
          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

I concur, and like it.
            I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Treaty suggestions. A fast list for the treaty if it is agreed we go ahead with it.

Inteligence Sharining Treaty Between the Data Angles and Gaians

1. Any information such as militry, economic, special projects, etc. pertaining to a mutual enemy will be shared.
              2.Information on other factions not in 1 is at the discretion of the owner faction of that information as to the extent of sharing.
              3. Technology is not information.
              4. Future agreements can not affect/change this agreement in any way.
              5. Changes can be made by mutual agreement to scrap this treaty and make a new one.
              6. Life of this treaty is for 10 years with the option to renew the treaty every 10 years indefinatly after that .
              You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
              There is a reason for everything.

Comment

Regarding point 3, we already have a treaty that stipulates giving the info on what tech we both have when acquired.

And I tend to agree with a 10 year limit, and perhaps with a limit on info on mutual enemies as well (this in case I understand the topic good enough, my knowledge may be spotty atm)
                He who knows others is wise.
                He who knows himself is enlightened.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                X