Ecology Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecology Side

Dont forget about diversifying and putting something into the Data Angels Area.

The more Teraformers I have the better But I will have to make due.

I would send 2 to the nutrients by R.P.S and the other 2 to make a mine at 3674 and another nutrient at 3476.

I would not be taking away form the special projects or the Spartan trade. Along with the fact that they have no orders. Buy building wealth we can also build power and income so we can put some hurry money into some stuff.

ForesterSOF
    Minister of Ecology
    You have two choices in life; Explore and learn or Vegetate.
    There is a reason for everything.

Forester, as we will have Gene Splicing the next turn, we will be able to gain from farms on rainy tiles. This should be coordinated though with the ability to quell drone riots which will rise inevitably at this time - we do not have any facilities helping drones. Presently 40 % of energy is directed for Psych in order to have more productive field workers rather than doctors. We may speed up nutrients in bases where we plan to build colony pods, however at this moment there is a crucial issue with some Secret Projects, thus please follow the appropriate threads. We need mostly crawlers now and really many of them.

At present we do not posses Ecological Engineering, thus mines will yield only 2 minerals. It is thus preferable to plant forests rather than mines at this moment, as forests give also 2 minerals and they also spread and are quicker to complete. It may soon change, but we really cannot know any approximate date at this time when we get Ecological Engineering.

I have impression you would prefer to put some formers on auto mode. I would not recommend this. My experience is that this feature of SMAX has serious flaws and may in fact detorirate our terraforming efforts. Each former should be closly controlled wht it does. It may be the case of using "auto" in later game, when you have several tenths of formers, but when we have less than 20 we DO micromanage and we are not afraid of that. Other factions do the same - as much analysis and optimization of movements and actions as possible. Small details count in democracy games. A small detail sometimes may be enough to decide if we win or loose.

Do you have a good experience with drone level limits? For the size of the map we play now - we already crossed the first drone limit. Do you know when we gonna have the second limit? I am not quite suro on that and will have to check. It is important for us for planning any new bases at this moment. And i agree with you that we should put bases on south-east first - good bonus tiles there
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Not yet

Comment

Ok, I found what interests us:

{Bureaucracy} is the addition of extra Drones because a faction has
        exceeded a certain number of bases. The bureaucracy formula works
        as follows:
        ^
        ^^BaseLimit = (8 - Difficulty) * (4 + Efficiency) * MapRoot / 2
        ^
        ^Where:
        ^Difficulty = Player's difficulty level (0 - 5)
        ^Efficiency = Social Engineering $LINK rating.
        ^MapRoot = Sq. Root of # Map Squares / Sq. Root of 3200.
        ^
        For each base a faction builds in excess of this number, one additional
        drone will appear at some base somewhere in the colony.
        In this case we have:

base limit = (8-5)*(4-2)*1.11243/2 = 3.3373

Thus we reached the limit of Bureaucracy at fourth base. We might go ahead and build more bases now anyway. We will have to deal with drones by psych setting. Also that might be better to have bases that crawl energy which part goes for psych helping drones than not having those bases at all. What do you think?
        Mart
        Map creation contest

Comment

With my backgound in Multi Resource Management and Diversity I would agree with almost anything that increases Diversity.

There are already some Terraformers that I could use to work on farms, Roads and some mines.

After the Ts are bussy I would make a baby military for if you get anyone pissed at us with your secret project.

Also by having some military moral will be helped.

With Existing bases you could specialize them to look at specific tech areas and make a network of knowlege for the Data Angels.

In every game that I go super specialized I am shure to loose but Diversity seems to be a key component for me in game and real life.
          Last edited by ForesterSOF; November 12, 2004, 10:08.

Comment

Forester,

Situation here may very quickly change. Probably our Secret Projects will not trigger any offensive actions from human controlled factions. We may though face a war with AI controlled Hive, when we perform some probe team actions.

There are though things that will not change that much, like planned base placement. You may schedule some 10 next base sites. I will do the same. Also there is some proposal from Makahlua - an old one, and Geo (if I remember correctly). We then take all the proposals and compare them making a final one.

As for the terraformers. We may be in need to cash 2 or 3 of them for Secret Project, but apart from that, we will need an analysis which tiles should be worked on, if we have gene splicing. Any specific thoughts you have, please write about it. I mean specific tiles and what kind of improvement. Mainly we will put new farms on rainy tiles now. Also forests - these will need some scheduling as for where they can spread with greater chance and not drying some tiles east to them - stuff like that. Roads placement. You may load the recent turn and take a look.

Do not forget to check diplomacy threads. We have quite a situation there. So any input, your oppinion is needed.
            Mart
            Map creation contest

Comment

Recently I have found out that apparently in the help file there is a bug regarding the Beaucracy Drone Limit. The last operation of dividing by 2 is not the case. This way our current b-drone limit is

base limit = (8-5)*(4-2)*1.11243 = 6.675
              Mart
              Map creation contest

Comment

The thread http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=125940 could help us in controling our drones.

Comment

This is some consideration regarding new base placement. we were talking about it, so this comes in this thread. If needed we might move to another one.

B - current base
                  X - proposed base location.

Please review and write an oppinion
                  Attached Files
                  Mart
                  Map creation contest

Comment

Looks placed well.
                    I would add at least 2 bases in the peninsula in the NE corner so we could take advantage of the nutrients and put priority to all bases by resources.

Comment

Yes, giving priority to best bonus tiles is what is the most efficient. I need to prepare a list of priority spots.

The north east part is more for the discussion. Heaven's Gate is presently a "defnce" base in case Hive musters its forces against us. We would have problems defending any base there. In this case this part will probably stay uninhabited for some time. It may change when we will grow in power.

Looking at it now, I have to update the drawing - give "X" places numbers. Also if you wish to work on it. I post the jpg without markings.
                      Attached Files
                      Mart
                      Map creation contest

Comment

Choices will change as the situation unfolds but here is a starter idea for the first five.

The first 2 choices are a ways away from existing bases but I feel that the resources in the area make it worth it.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X