No announcement yet.

Angels MY 2141-2150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Randyslaven: Also, are supply crawlers really that good?

Like you before I came here I only used them to help support resource deficient bases, but used in this new resource way they are very powerful until the time choppers appear on the scene. They are vulnerable (unless added to defensively) to multi chopper attack, which annoyingly builds up the chopper morale score for the opposition.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

RandyS: if you are interested, visit the ACDG 2 Archive. This was the previous team game and in which many tactics and strategies were evolved. The sharpest strategies at that time were those of the Hive and the Drones though they did have a bit of luck through being near to each other and friendly.

Many players would regard the Hive player, Kody, as top of the bunch in that game, if not the best ever. However by his own admission he remained untested in combat.

It has just struck me that of course Kody is still a nominated Moderator for this game (ACDG3) though he said he was keen to withdraw quietly.

Hopefully he won't as the game moves to more interactive stages.

In this game, we have some serious opposition in the other factions.: Googlie
      (he designs games, FGS), Darsnan and some esteemed others. Not to mention Jstisyoda and others who have become very skilled ICS players and especially when playing Morgan.
      Last edited by Hercules; October 26, 2004, 08:46.

Comment

Again if you have time, visit the SMAC Academy for ideas here:

If you have difficulty accessing things then post there or in the Help /Strategy forum here at Apolyton.
        There is one thing for sure, this is one very helpful SMAC/X multiplaying community

Comment

Wow, haven't see you posting this much in a row yet, Herc. A first time for everything I guess?
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Yeah a bit of the head staggers

Comment

Hmm... Even with the pw I still seem to have trouble opening it. Do I need Alien Crossfire, or a patch or something? Thank you all very much for the help!

Comment

Yes, the DG is played under Alien Crossfire. Even without patches the turn should open.

Edit:
                @Herc:
                In any way, thanks for the vote, wouldn't be able to rp further on it with my absence later this week.
                Last edited by GeoModder; October 26, 2004, 11:53.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

See ya guys next week!
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I have the turn, screenie in a moment....
                    Mart
                    Map creation contest
                    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• Accepted Treaty with Spartans
                      • Planetary Transit System shows as completed by Morganities

Now the issues for this turn
                      • The rover on the northern border cannot attack the mindworm in the red circle this turn - there is forest between. Maybe move both a prob team and the rover to the tile where the second probe is and await the mw to approach. We may get 20EC if lucky
                      • Which way northern highway should go? left where scout is or right where the second question mark is. It can be done using probe team double move - quit and enter hive synth control zone. option to the right will shorten the road to GHaven, but to the left is better for farm.
                      • EM, RSP and Googlieplex need new building items. I put 2 crawlers and 1 rec tanks for now. Can be changed.
                      • Propose increase of Social Psych to 40%. RSP will need it next turn to avoid drone riots. Kodycryptor grows in 2 turns. Googlieplex proposed to crawl 2 energy and at 40% psych it will be enough to contain next turn drone riots.
                      • Propose return to 30% labs, 30% economy: 10EC/turn, next tech in 6 turns. With 2 bases growth next turn these values will grow.
                      • Any proposals as for formers? crawler placement?
                      Attached Files
                      Mart
                      Map creation contest

Comment

I would forgot, still a base needs to be established, I propose it's name:
                        Hercules Station
                        what do you think???
                        Mart
                        Map creation contest

Comment

Hercules station fine by me
                          Ok move 1
                          Turn 2 Move to shorten the road to GHaven

Accept change to SE settings

Real pain in the A about Morgans' PTS

Comment

One more thought, should rover be moved north near hive synth? and scout south to take post on the monolith?
                            Mart
                            Map creation contest

Comment

Wow, that was late...
                              Are we on vacation or something?
                              Turn looks ok, one thing though - I hope hive synth will not seek an opportunity to attack.
                              Attached Files
                              Mart
                              Map creation contest

Comment

Oh, no Virtual World started in Kahlua Probing?

Also, thought the plan was to move the formers to Kahlua for disbanding due to the Virtual World as well, and move the finished crawlers to a closer position of Kahlua?

I think we missed out on the PTS for the rec tanks started earlier. We should have used that production time to crank out two more crawlers instead. But that's hindtalk. Situation is as the situation is.

Next turn I propose to move the RPS crawler to the spot 1 tile further where the northern EM crawler is harvesting, and that one should move to the farmfield NW of EM. Then we have 5 crawlers within reach of KP.

Also, I'm in favor of trading Gene Splicing with Biogenetics. We can forward it already next turn. Too bad I couldn't warn in time for we could have placed Biogen in the diplobox already after accepting the Treaty with the Spartans.
                                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                                X