No announcement yet.

Angels MY 2141-2150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFAIK the plan is that Kahlua constructs the PTS? It's not really necessary of course, and I guess it's waiting on where our next b-drone will popup when the new base is founded (memo: awake the base-naming thread)

About the probes: yes, they would both die if present in the base when the mindworm successfully attacks. I planned to keep the former for entering the base again untill it's sure the rover will fail to enter it. The possibility is quite high though, in an earlier turn I tried to move a probe in it with 2/3 movement left and failed as well.

is there more chance a unit will enter a base tile if there is already one present as well? I know that is true for tiles in the open, but for base tiles? If that is the case it's better to put the former back in Heaven's Gate end then try to move the rover in.

Herc: I did read somewhere that the Angel faction has more chance to be in the middle of fungus infested land when a game starts randomly, and an allied angel faction in a pbem of mine had quite some troubles with native life as well. So your observations may be the rule.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
      is there more chance a unit will enter a base tile if there is already one present as well? I know that is true for tiles in the open, but for base tiles? If that is the case it's better to put the former back in Heaven's Gate end then try to move the rover in.
      maybe a probe team in the base will be enough?
      Mart
      Map creation contest
      WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Testing time I suppose... wonder how much influence the forest underneath Heaven's Gate has on a successfull base entering.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Testing time I suppose... wonder how much influence the forest underneath Heaven's Gate has on a successfull base entering.
          I have never tested it. However I tested if forest under the base gives some defensive bonusses. It turns out - no bonusses. maybe the same it has no effect for enterring the base tile.
          Mart
          Map creation contest

Comment

Well, we've got at least 4-5 days before the turn get's back. I'll try to setup sth, it's quite important after all...

But it's weird that forests give no extra bonus, because rock tiles do (I had it that an established base suddenly became rocky underneath after an earthquake pod was popped).
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Geo, just when you play the next turn do not forget to promise the rover crew extra day off and a box of xenovodka. I am sure they will pull it off ok in this case.
              Mart
              Map creation contest

Comment

Perhaps some extra p(l)ay will do the trick as well!
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Always good to know my dittos aren't needed...

Hopefully back in action though. Adjusting to graduate life has been more hectic than I'd original thought now that the semester is in full swing.
                  I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

But it's weird that forests give no extra bonus, because rock tiles do (I had it that an established base suddenly became rocky underneath after an earthquake pod was popped).
                    I cannot know this, but maybe forests are intentionally not taken into account when fighting, because it is possible to build a base on a forest but not on a rocky tile. This is i guess the only way a base can find itself on a rocky tile - not intended by game creators?

Anyway, I have to test the forests again
                    Mart
                    Map creation contest

Comment

FYI: turn is mostly played, just toying with how to proceed with the scouts on the monolith near the Hive Synth.

Most important things: the mindworm near Heaven's Gate went north instead of to the base , the rover succeeded in entering the base (good to know for later), and hurried the rec tank in Kodycryptor already. Maybe I do the same with the one in Kahlua Probing (or have done it already, don't remember atm ).

Screenshot and pressend come tomorrow.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Rover in heaven's gate may go for worm hunting. Gaians need not to know. Btw, I wonder if they do it actually. It is quite lot of energy after all

maybe hurry both rec tanks to give those two bases accelerated start for next productions? Oh, you maybe done it already. We need also a party for the next year's first facility in Angel's faction.
                        From 2144 we no longer have tents only.
                        Mart
                        Map creation contest

Comment

Good idea. I guess next production of Kahlua will be interrupted anyway in a turn or two (short of the 10 mineral limit) to change to our first SP.
                          ATM I'm redirecting quite some crawlers (still harvesting of course) as have as much as possible within 3 squares of Kahlua. The newly produced ones next turn will go directly to Kahlua then.
                          Need to check, but perhaps Enigma Machine is more central located, but don't think so.
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Tense times but exciting I suppose
                            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Here is the pressend!
                              Attached Files
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

2144 proposals

'kay, gathering that the mindworm stays in the north, I propose to let our free units in Heaven's Gate move southeast.
                                Next turn we can hurry 2 productions, but probably will only have the cash for one.

The Spartans have made quite a leap, undoubtedly for having an interesting tech now. (IndAuto)
                                Attached Files
                                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                                X