• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angels MY 2141-2150

Guess who's Sinder?

This turns Events:
    • Morgans finished the Human Genome.
    • Gaians started the Weather Paradigm.
    • Pod popped south of Googlieplex, our fellow librarian installed Applied Physics into our database. Tech cost stayed the same.
    • Crawler is finished in Enigma machine, started another one (see later).
    • Hurried the former in Heaven's Gate.
    • Scout finished in Verres' Loft, started a crawler.
    • Had to put a doctor in Googlieplex, forgot that the base was kept content on the scout which was garrisoned there.
    • Our cp has reached the 'border' monolith, check the screenie for my base site proposal.
    • Rover has left Verres' Loft, is on it's way to the 'border' monolith.

I'll post the turn already, any production disagreements can be reversed next turn if necessary.
    Attached Files
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

2142 proposals

'kay, we need a revaluation of our SP efforts. Next turn we have the production power to finish a project of 160 like the WP. (50 AA + 4x27 crawlers). Do we snatch it away from them or go for the PTS as previously suggested? We need 3 more crawlers to finish that one.

Also, our InfoTrader (ahum) needs to announce the good news about Applied Physics to our fellow Gaians.

See the red dot for my base proposal. I suggest strongly NOT to found him further for the inefficiency rating of Heaven's Gate is already murderous. That base returns 1 energy/turn only....

Movements proposed as usual with white arrows.
    Attached Files
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Looks like we can design Laser Boys and Girls already, unless we aim for better impact on those who do not like Data Angels and wait for nonlinear stuff
      Mart
      Map creation contest
      WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

The Gaians have already built the WP. My view re SP, we need to focus very clearly on the PTS.

Reasons: Morgans with HGP and PTS can be devasting.
        It would be a excellent boost to us as well as a spoiler to Morgan which is important.
        If we get all our existing bases increase to size three, with its subsequent boost in research power.
        Those extra crawlers will be available in 3/4 years, if pushed we might need to sell formers.
        We still are ahead regarding progress to the PEG, least as far as the other human players are concerned.

I agree about new base location.
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

One thing is sure, there is no competition for the PTS atm. Both the Gaians and the Morgans need to rebuild crawlers now, and the Spartans probably haven't IndAuto yet.

I'll check the latter with the turn now.

Edit: regarding the WP, the F5-screen showed it still under construction and I could still change production in a base to it. My guess is that it comes into action when the turn arrives at them again.
          Last edited by GeoModder; October 8, 2004, 09:44.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I think it's a good idea, Hercules, about building PTS now. We have one AA = 50, that leaves 190 needed still. Each crawler is 24. That is 7.92 crawler. We need 8 crawlers for instabuilding.
            Mart
            Map creation contest

Comment

Ah, thought that a crawler is worth 27?
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Isn't there some concept about switching out of Planning before cashing crawlers to benefit from higher Mins cash in, but I doubt we will have 40ecs in 4 turns to make switch anyway.

Comment

Good to get Applied Physics btw

Comment

Comment on a possible trade with ApPhys in the diplo thread please.
                    Is there support for that or not?
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Crawlers are always worth 3 rows. If we switch from planned, SP cost goes up too. Every facility, unit goes this much up.
                      Mart
                      Map creation contest

Comment

2142 report
                        • Gaians put 15 energy and the Spartan comlink in the diplobox and forwarded there map of our land (see diplo thread), I put ApPhys in the box and accepted the package.
                        • Gaians report they have Gene Splicing and Doc:Mob (deal with Spartans no doubt, see diplo thread), but cannot forward doc:mob to us for 5 years due to an agreement with the Spartans. Normally no problem since it will take another 7 years (atm) before we finish it, and if necessary we have the choice to slow research down in case it hurries up with our next base.
                        • Mindworm alert east of Heaven's Gate!! Check the screenshot. I changed the rover/scout movements accordingly so we have a chance to bring a rover back in the base before it arrives. Check the route I 'arrowed' on the screenshot. Also, to ensure our cp is covered I played a bit with the garrisons. Not enough energy left to hurry the scout production in HG I'm afraid.
                        • Hurried the crawler production in Snowflake Haven for 6 energy. I suggest another crawler before building a rec tanks there.

The pressend:
                        Attached Files
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

2143 proposals

As told in previous post, movements concentrate around bringing reinforcements back to Heaven's Gate.

I realise I haven't discussed terraforming anymore. In general I put forests in the Canyon area, and solar collectors on the Ridge. Started construction of a mine near Verres' Loft this turn. And of course I place sensor arrays too.

Also, I usually place workers so we have the maximum energy output efficiency to hold our current research time, which means that growth of our bases slows a bit at the moment. Shouldn't be a problem though if we succeed in building the Planetary Transit in 4-5 turns.
                          Attached Files
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

In another game I 'm in as the DA, those pesky Mind worms seem to pop up more than normal. Or is it just me thinking that . But we do have some Fungal Towers working away in the SE so that will breed MWs in due course.

Happy with the crawler production.

Comment

Mindworm near HG looks bad.
                              - would two probe teams die together if attacked by m-worm, and being the only units in the base? I'm afraid it is possible. Maybe the second probe team should wait outside?
                              - it is still possible for rover not to ba able to enter the base in the next turn, since it will have 2/3 points left when it uses 1/3 (only one river tile is needed) for moving along the river. for this reason I would consider entering former there and removing the second probe team from the base - it would die anyway if former dies, and rover for sure will enter in 2 turns. both probe teams will be saved this way.

after the mine, the former may start road on that rocky mineral tile to give full 7 minerals near Veres Loft

maybe Kahlua probing builds colony pod soon for a sea base on south-western shore?
                              Mart
                              Map creation contest

Comment

Working...
                              X