Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A poll... yea or nay to your hearts content.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A poll... yea or nay to your hearts content.

The question is: do we keep the current Angel introduction (Enigma's one) or do we change it with Hercules' one.

Or, off course, write in.

The Data Angels
    * HEADINGS

Angels know it all!

The Angels are led by Agent Sinder Roze. She has attracted a growing band of agents - us - dedicated to a flow of free information and equal opportunity for all. But we have many detractors. So as a group we have developed considerable 'investigative' powers and we are determined to stay a head of everyone to survive. Above all we are averse to control of any kind but especially thought control.

Why join the Angels?

For the complete challenge. The Data Angels is widely viewed as one of the more difficult factions to play so it attracts players who wish to test their skills and to hone their skills. There is no 'easy' guide to the faction so your ideas and suggestions will be eagerly welcomed. It also attracts those with the slightly anarchistic tendencies. And there is the appeal of having a ready opportunity to be the turn player, to be a micro manager, to be an Ambassador, to be a tech tree expert, to RP.

Back to Contents Page

The Data Angels Introduction – by Hercules

Yea, long live our Moderator ideas!!!
    50.00%
    Nay, I prefer the current one...
    16.67%
    How about this? - Write in.
    16.67%
    XenoPuppy
    16.67%

The poll is expired.

He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

And here is the article Enigma (unofficial) posted for our faction introduction.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I kinda like EN's actually
      But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
      PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Naturally

Just checking opinions so things can move on, and then the 'unofficial' label can be removed if it get's the majority.

Which reminds me, VOTED!!
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I voted for myself but there are a number of good bits in EN piece. EN contained too much of a general information about Demo games and the game itself.
          Here's a bit I would add to my original.

The Data Angels
          Ideologically, the Data Angels are represented by Sinder Roze. Sinder is a computer hacker, part anarchist, who believes in free information flow.
          * As Hackers are represented by the PROBE rating, the Angels get a mighty boost to +2 PROBE, with a free Covert Ops in each base once it becomes available.

* Also, the Data Angels gain any tech discovered by (at least) 3 factions with which they are infiltrated.

*Their Anarchistic tendencies lead them to have -1 POLICE, which makes drone control a bit harder.

* Their starting techs are Information Networks and Planetary Networks - tributes to their computer specialty.
          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Why not combine the two?
            I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

I voted for Hercules, but I think adding some of the elements from Enigma's version would be a good idea, specifically a few of the items from the Why Join: "If you want to learn..." and "kicking serious ass" paragraphs.

Maybe it wasn't accurate for me to vote for one or the other, since I like parts from Enigma's that, added up, are about the length of Hercules'. Oh well.

Comment

Perhaps that the people who want to add things from one or another intro post the paragraphs they like to see included?

It's easier to see then...
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

This is what I was trying to say:

Angels know it all!

The Angels are led by Agent Sinder Roze. She has attracted a growing band of agents - us - dedicated to a flow of free information and equal opportunity for all. But we have many detractors. So as a group we have developed considerable 'investigative' powers and we are determined to stay a head of everyone to survive. Above all we are averse to control of any kind but especially thought control.

Why join the Angels?

For the complete challenge. The Data Angels is widely viewed as one of the more difficult factions to play so it attracts players who wish to test their skills and to hone their skills. There is no 'easy' guide to the faction so your ideas and suggestions will be eagerly welcomed. It also attracts those with the slightly anarchistic tendencies. And there is the appeal of having a ready opportunity to be the turn player, to be a micro manager, to be an Ambassador, to be a tech tree expert, to RP.

To learn. If you want to learn, we have Gameplay experts who can tell you how to play. Some with encouragement and showing you the way, others with discipline and criticism of your strategy. Best, you can learn yourself as the game progresses and tactics unfold. Keep your eyes open, and you can learn a great deal.

Then there's the fun part - kicking serious ass. Teammates at your side, faction under your influence - if your team is strong enough, Planet is yours for the taking. The way to strengthen your team is to pour time and effort into it. If you work hard enough, you get to prove your glory in knowing that you did not kick one ass, you did not kick 3 asses, but you kicked upwards of 20 asses in one go. Marvellous.

Comment

Kicking serious ass is not sth that appeals to me.

That's a thing I prefer to see more... friendly... stated.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                      Kicking serious ass is not sth that appeals to me.

That's a thing I prefer to see more... friendly... stated.
                      Agreed
                      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Working...
                      X