• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long-Term planning

Or, "What in hell are we doing after the second colony wave?"

What Projects are we considering?

How big will we be expanding?

Anyone, anyone? Bueller?
    But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
    PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Well yes we have ideas. But just back. btw new recruit a Cplasmagun wishes to join us. I asked him for further info to which he has replied. So am about to authorise him.
    Last edited by Hercules; July 17, 2004, 13:43.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Expand: a lot
      Projects: Merchant Exchange or Weather Paradigm are always good early priorities, especially since everybody has access to building them so early generally. Merchant would be especially beneficial just to get under Morgan's skin and be able to compete early on (plus the extra ecs for research).
      I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

But let's not forget the Virtual World. We needs it precious! {/gollum}

Ahem. Seriously though, if we put both KP and EM to it we could work on both VW and WP (one building, one making crawlers and then swapping out). They both have rocky squares I have lined up to be mined, and EM has access to the nut tile to feed extra workers. I say WP instead of ME, because we could probably get the tech lined up for PEG fairly quickly and that's -way- better energy-wise ^^
        But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
        PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

I have to say I like the WP of the early SPs
          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

I like it too... here's something I posted in the research thread that seemed fitting to post here too:

I like getting 3res armor and then going for the restriction lifting path unless it doesn't allow for some reason... that way we still have the biores path open as a secondary.

The 3res armor, this early in the game, I've found generally is quite the boon in my games.

There is the fact that after IA and the fact we'll have Doc: Flex to go for Doc: Ini and get the Maritime... and yes, I'm just a pirate at heart, but it would certainly allow for faster probe ships and a stronger sea presance. After all, if all factions are connected, via, Yang, through landbridges wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that faster contact would be by sea (and faster conquest) than by land?

Get some of those colony sea pods out early and after bio res and the restriction lifting path aim for Doc: Air... coupled with well-developed and defended sea bases we'd be a striking force for anywhere on Planet!

Say... can air units be probe units as well? Must... go... test...
            Though the WP for sure now... though which base to start building, or do we start building yet? Or perhaps each base builds one crawler and then the base with the best mineral output after the crawlers have been stockpiled in Enigma go forth and do their thing and then the base finishes the WP off?

That would greatly help us out as far as terraforming planning, after all. And I've figured out that by crawling the otherwise useless (except for their one resource) tiles we can make use of citizens elsewhere and bolster the bases faster. Generally I've found the trick works best with mined rocky tiles and a crawler sitting on it.

In an Angel test game I have running for myself that trick leads to some quick points of the environment being unhappy with us once restrictions are lifted but prior to that bolstering our minerals in certain bases to the point they can quickly crank out the good things.

Say, with Doc: Flex soon (or do we have it now?) we should be able to also do foil crawlers as decent little explorers... sure we're not the pirates so all we'll get is one nut on most ocean squares, but they're free and don't cost as much as foil probes if I'm thinking correctly at this late of an hour...
            I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Working...
            X