• CLASSIFIED - data on the ACDG3

Just got a mail from buster

Pods are on
    Tech -can- be popped from pods
    Allied Victory is off - normal conditions otherwise

Apparently Hive has some good starting terrain
    And we're likely to locate them first.

Keep it quiet.
    (add any other data milked from the mods in here)

Psst, Enigma sniffs paint regularly when he thinks nobody is looking. (this data was milked from the mods )
    Last edited by Kody; June 30, 2004, 11:10.

And to further clarify...

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Regarding the Spartans' Phalanx #2 Release:

They said they've had 5 colony pods (presumably their original 2 plus 3 constructed). Their comment about workers from the mine also implies they have formers. I am inclined to regard this as utter BS. To what extent, then, is their information fabricated? In all likelihood they are generating rubbish to publish arbitrarily. But there is a small chance they are attempting to influence things one way or another. What does the power graph indicate?
      And how about the suggestion that they had found the Morganites? If this is also false, what is the point in publishing it when the Morganites will know whether it is true or not? If true, odds are 10 to 1 that they are both on the Western Continent.

Okay, there's nothing to do, so yes, I am chasing will-o-the-wisps Congradulations, Sparta

But you'll slip up eventually. Oh yes.....
      Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

No way a 3th colony pod can be constructed by now. Power graph shows us as third I think (last time I checked, at least).

And them having discovered the Morgans? Remember that Buster told us that we're spread around the Hive. If our distance from the Hive (40.42) is any indication of average distance Spartans can't have found the Morgans sofar, even if they're close neighbours.
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

No I think its just BS. Anyway back to our newsheet. Any ideas.

Contributions welcome.
          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Back at the ACDGII, we wrote a lot of things in Pravda that is deliberately made up. Like we said we lost a colony pod and we received lots of sympathy from other factions, and we laughed hard. This was especially interesting at the starting phase of the game.
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

You're whispering (or at least hinting) secrets...
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

You have to remember that I just came back to the game so I do not know what status every team is at. In other words I do not know if the Spartans is making up stuff that they don't have or not. I was talking from my past experiences.
                Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

No harm done, and it's fun. I'm doin' the same with the 009 stories.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

In the CyCon, we were far more subtle about misinformation. A short passage about someone finding a bible lying around a base, or a story of a portal found around some rabbits (which was actually quite true, IIRC - a dimensional gate into a nice green area)
                    Smile
                    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Ah, the good ol' days...
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Oh yeh, I never really got to know what the bunnies are about.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

DBTS. He had a thing with bunnies since ACDGI, IIRC, and we just used that a bit.

That was only a year or so ago, actually. The god ol' days would be from August 2002, and the first ACDG. It's quite scary to think I've been here close to 2 years, and everything that's happened in that time. It's also a little weird thinking that most of the major players now won't remember Lemmy and his trials, or Pande and the great battles with Archaic, or STEP vs. the Swiss Cheese Program (complete with Finnish Boreholes), or one of the best players there being beaten by Banana in an election, or the NationStates based regions.

It's weird to think that the CyCon is also part of the good ol' times, when it seems so recent to me
                          Smile

Comment

For me CyCon are the good ol' days, Drogue. It's the only history I have here on 'Poly.

And Pande(moniak?) should come back He still owns me to finish that chess game.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Ah yes, you have met Pande (yes, it's Pandemoniak). The first ACDG was fun, with the parties. It ended up just STEP (eco-warriors - me and Herc) DLP (free-marketeers - Archaic and GT) and CCCP (communists - Pande et al), with STEP and the CCCP agreeing on most things. One of the regions (Akiria ) was run by STEP, the rest was fought over, although Centralis was pretty much DLP. Maniac ran the one I couldn't spell or pronounce, and was pretty much removed from the parties.

However in the begining there were many parties - the EDP (Explore discover) and P4 (the PPPP) were big in the begining, and all parties split into two groups, each putting someone up for the first commissioner. DBTS and GT did most of the playing, while TKG (now Method) controlled the interior and all the governors. Darkness' Edge was very important in the begining, but stopped quite early on.

Very different to the team game, both in style and how it was played (we didn't go to war much at all). Was fun though, especially the out of game bits.

We need to try someone for 'the use of outrageously bad humour while on duty' again. Or turning a serving officer into furniture.

I still feel like a n00b, in 'Poly terms, but I was featured in the 5 year anniversary quiz, and had my own question
                              Smile

Comment

Working...
                              X