Vacant positions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacant positions.

Ambassador: nominations welcome, fixed term.

Asst Ambassador

Editor of the Investigators Chronicle or whatever eg the Anarchy Mites / Deep Probe / Cover. Hacker Computer Weekly

Contributors to same

Intelligence operatives: legit intelligence gathering, from the Kody spy manual.

Micro manager: unit orders and builds correlated (asst to turnplayer).

Base names and landmark agent

Others
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

I'll volunteer for something diplomatic. It might be best if I work as an assistant to someone though, just to ensure I don't get carried away.
    Trithemius
    ["Power performs the Miracle." - Johannes Trithemius

Comment

Micro Manager. That's my call!
      I am Kody's apprentice, after all.

Base names should be after the tile they sit on, except our HQ, which should be named after a square on which it ~does not~ sit.
      That way, people using 'move into the black area' will not be able to locate our exact locations.

Handy for repulsing a Spartan attack.

Comment

Aren't we supposed to pledge an oath for this ACDG?

This said, I can follow 'nigma's reasoning untill we know that other teams have worldmaps as well, after which it doesn't matter anymore.

Enigma, a question on naming the HQ base to another grid. Why? I thought that with some of these tricks I've heard of lately that a base 'discovered' in the black, named with the coordinates of another tile, gives no more or less information then using the coordinates of it's tile?

I'm willing to be this faction's Infotrader/Infiltrator (aka Ambassador) in cooperation with Trithemius. It makes sense since we're both on opposite sides of the globe, so our online times overlap.

OTOH, probably by the time we're going to have extensive diplo talks with other teams (about midspring I guess) I'll be absent for two months.

I'll probably pop up at most of the other tasks to give my 2 cents, or to learn something.

Also, the Kody Spy Manual? First time I heard of this. Someone could provide me with a link?
        Last edited by GeoModder; June 30, 2004, 08:39.
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Geo: The faction can see our HQ in the commlink menu

If we name it something -close- to what it is meant to be, the other team will skim over it.

I mean, it's much easier to find BIGBASENAMEHERE than it is to find (56,25) next to (29,52).

Comment

Ah, makes sense. Thanks!!
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

YW.

Impaler's trick of clicking in the black area will still work (view recenters if NOT at a base square),
              as will the good ol' resign-view.

Fortunetely, the resign-view just gives a general area, and Imp's trick takes too much time to execute.

Comment

If you don't change first base name, then it won't show in the dip screen. Renaming it using fabricated coordinates could fool some people, but not those who know about this trick.

Using coordinates to name all bases can be boring, and confusing for the team itself, but if it is what DAs do, then it makes sense.
                Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

The issue has still to be decided. First base names can be changed.

Comment

If they want to find us they'll do a resign-view.
                    It won't take too much.

Break out with the fancy names!

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
                      Using coordinates to name all bases can be boring, and confusing for the team itself, but if it is what DAs do, then it makes sense.
                      I agree with the boring bit; interesting names are doubleplusgood.
                      Trithemius

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                        I'm willing to be this faction's Infotrader/Infiltrator (aka Ambassador) in cooperation with Trithemius. It makes sense since we're both on opposite sides of the globe, so our online times overlap.
                        Cool.

Originally posted by GeoModder
                        Also, the Kody Spy Manual? First time I heard of this. Someone could provide me with a link?
                        Yeah, what he said.
                        Trithemius

Comment

Hercules goes looking for the Kody Spy manual which he was almost certain he had rescued before the evacuation.

Herc remembers some bits:

Browse the multiplayer channels for off the cuff remarks like: " If Googlie is their Ambassador, why isn't he responding", or "Turn 2231 to Darsnan, Hey Darsnan re ACDG3, get you IOD out of our waters, or it will end up as Spartan breakfast cereal.

Note change in frequency, accelerated and frantic posting between faction members from 2110? onwards.

Check the faction profile screens for change in SE settings and other legit info.

Check frequency of Kody in Gaians private forum as he voyeurs 'tree hugging ceremonies participants'

that sort of thing
                          Dammit we are spies after all.

Comment

Ok Ambassadors: Infotrader/Infiltrator. Start your own thread and I 'll top it.

Comment

Got it! Can do... (you're remarks on both posts above).
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                              X