X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could always be a moderator.

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
      Also the early play can be very crucial. There are very skilled players here good at the early game . Why would I go against that.
      Exactly. Just thought that Angels do have more than one very skilled players.
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by Kody
        What other positions do you have open. Any positions that I could take where I don't have to do anything?

Joint Peanut publisher for the Angels
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
          * Enigma_Nova nominates Method and GeoModder for team spammers

Congratulations! You're both in with the job.
          Now go to the Multiplaying forum and spam in the name of the Data Angels!
          Method would have a hard job being Data Angel spammer, however it is another title for him
          Smile
          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
            Just thought that Angels do have more than one very skilled players.
            Who's the other one?

Comment

Herc, Makahlua, AdamTG02... I don't really know about any others, but these guys are good.
              Last edited by Drogue; June 29, 2004, 11:18.
              Smile
              For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
              But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Okay, there's our team of 4.
                Since Herc hasn't self-nominated, and AFAIK neither have maka or adamTG02...

/me takes the first turn and makes a post about it

Comment

Well I self nominate now that I'm here No turn hogging, you!
                  But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
                  PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

It's okay, makahlua. We'll all shine some day.
                    /me conforts Makahlua

Comment

Well, I'm glad that someone thinks I'm a good player. I actually haven't turnplayed before, and most of my experience is on SP. So I'll gladly leave the turnplaying to the other folks. I'd be glad to step in as diplomat, though, if Enigma wants to focus on turnplaying -- I ought to have the time for it.
                      Adam T. Gieseler

Comment

Ok we're getting sorted.

Comment

Maki and I are in IRC, waiting for the turn.
                          I'm idle (and sleeping), though.

Comment

So Makahlua and Enigma share the turnplay now?

Just making sure I know at who to sent last minute advice if something pops up...
                            He who knows others is wise.
                            He who knows himself is enlightened.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

There is only one designated turn player at a time. However we all can chip in advice as best we can.

Most of the time the moves are obvious but where there are options, we like to be involved.

This can be done online, I suppose via Mirc, in the early game. Even so for those not able to get on-line or who miss a chat time it is good to get a look at a mid turn. Finally just before the end turn, when there is some unit with 1 non controversial turn left, it should be saved again so we can all look at it and plan for the next turn. Then play the move, end turn, save, rename for the next faction and send it on or upload.

I expect most of you know the routine by now but there may have been variations within factions the last acdg2. Some factions I noted planned a lot of moves in advance.

Comment

I think it may be helpful to your team members if you have transcripts of the turn chats in the private forums.

Comment

Working...
                                X