No announcement yet.

Starting all over: Structure ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well what kind of roleplay are you after Trithemius?

As narrator I kindof see it as my job to keep the roleplayers interested.

Comment

The game provides much room for everybody, Trithemius. The way I see it Enigma is interested in gameplay and he can continue to do so. Others may be interested in other aspects and that's exactly why we have more than one member in a team.
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I may be the most haughty and superior person on these boards,
        but I won't begrudge anyone for doing something diffent to me.

At least - not until it stops me pursuing my agenda, but that's to be expected.
        Speaking of which...

/me begrudges people for not voting in the team IM poll

Comment

Just voted on the aforesaid poll...

As for titles, why not, for the moment, having the turnplayer decide on what title he or she wants? That saves on management overhead, and we can certainly figure out a system of titles later.

Are we agreed that each and every team member may use the title "Datajack," or would we rather reserve that title for a single person (likely either the mod or the turnplayer)?
          Adam T. Gieseler

Comment

"Datajack" should be the staple citizen's title. For positions that have defininite terms, I favor number-of-turns over real-time limits, so that people know how far ahead they have to plan/the extent of their service.
            Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
              The game provides much room for everybody, Trithemius. The way I see it Enigma is interested in gameplay and he can continue to do so. Others may be interested in other aspects and that's exactly why we have more than one member in a team.
              It is my sincere hope that this proves to be the case.
              Trithemius
              ["Power performs the Miracle." - Johannes Trithemius

Comment

Re: Starting all over: Structure ?

Originally posted by Hercules
                we will need to confirm how we appoint the turnplayer. Should we adapt agent JohnDMullers proposal.

we need to appoint a chief tech researcher or do we? Our research tech thread.
                The only way we'll keep a well-led team is if our strategicians produce a plan for the entire faction, for all the bases, several techs into the future.

Having a contiguous plan for the entire faction is better than having bits of plans for each base or each tech.
                Anyone who's played a PBEM can tell you a single person can run an entire faction, and run it well.

An Ambassador (less urgent)
                We'll need someone who's online very frequently. 4 hours a day at minimum - in at least 3 clumps.
                I fit this profile, and know how to manipulate.
                Problem is, some people on Apolyton consider me as a target for malevolence.

Comment

/me shrugs.

I'm a loose hacker by heart, even though I couldn't hack much farther than into a chicken with a butcher knife...
                  I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Working...
                  X