Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of Private Forum Authorisation powers

Loss of Private Forum Authorisation powers

Don' t ask me why or how but I seem to have lost my private forum authorisation power.

I suspect that with the end of the MP ACDG, the powers are really no longer necessary. However it would have been nice to have been told.

This is a recent change as quite recently I was able to authorise new DA, Vyeh.

What it means now is that I can't authorise those interested from other factions into our DA forum.
    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

On checking the DA membership file, I just noted that past full members and recent applicants now have the DA icon.

So those who applied I guess now have access.

So I will apply to the other faction forums.

Comment

On the contrary my dear Watson.

Recent applicants do not have DA access. As I warned before, clicking on the DA membership file (or any team member list) lists all applied members, not all authorised members. Maniac, Chaos Theory and others are still pending.

On a second note, you are still listed as civgroup administrator which means this is probably a weird civgroup bug. I'll look into it with Mark.
      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Ok I take note of what you say.

I presume it will be resolved soon.

Comment

Thanks Illuminatus, that seems to have worked.

So those who have recently applied have now been authorised to the DA forum.

Comment

I 've got me powers back, (albeit for a short while).

Comment

Just two things:

1) Losing the link to the authorisation panel is not quite the same as losing authorisation powers although the result is same.

2) You've forgot to authorise someone.
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

You mean you.

I suppose I thought you had access.

Anyway, will do.

Comment

There you go.

Comment

Glad to assist you Hercules but try to be more specific so that I don't bug the rest of ACS staff for nothing. In case anybody else forgot, the link is http://apolyton.net/forums/cgops. I think only civgroup moderators should be able to make out of something of that panel.

Thank you for the authoristation although I doubt I'll have time to read it in detail. Since the forums are private forums I would gain privileges after I am authorised to them (just as the CMNs). I never asked for access into private forums as I didn't really see the point - I left it long ago and I didn't want to get involved again as I have a bad habit of getting obsessive-compulsive. In precaution I even avoided reading up the Gaian forum.

I don't think I'll look for anything else except history summaries for the newsitem, so I would be very grateful if I could be pointed to such threads in private forums. I trust there is some kind of battle log in Sparta?

Comment

Is there anyone who can authorize entry to the Morgan and Gaian forums?

(I have applied to all 3, but so far only the Angels have granted access)

Comment

I've authorised you for the Gaian forums. If you want access be free to remind me by posting here or PMing me.

Comment

IIRC AndiD's the Morganic moderator, but he's disappeared, so I think we won't be able to see the Morganoc forum until they all become public and archived.
                          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

why dont you just get ming or someone to open them up?? be alot easier
                            if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

I'll mail and pm andid. Can't promis anything though.
                              no sig

Comment

Working...
                              X