0.00%
    Hated it - wish never has been invented
    0.00%
    Banana Medal: n'th Class
    9.52%
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

I would vote, but the poll options are not quite good. I would vote "Disliked it, want a new one." (I won't edit the poll just for that)
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Illuminatus, you can edit the vote with 2 more options then, if you like:

- Dislike - want a new one
      - Loved it - no more though, thank you

--------
      or, actually, you can add as many new options as you wish - to the limit
      Mart
      Map creation contest

Comment

I think I am ready for the SPDG now.

The most disappointing aspect of the MP games is the way the initial enthusiasm fades after the rush to join teams.

If there was 20 active per team then great but it never worked out like that.
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

But fair does. Congratulations to the Spartans.

Comment

I miss the point of this poll

I love DG before i played SMAC
            Still love DG

if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Altered options.
              SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Kataphraktoi
                I miss the point of this poll
                give banana medal then
                Mart
                Map creation contest

Comment

banana

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

but heck yes i want a new one ACDG4
                    errr split my vote between banana and 'start a new one'

Comment

Well - I voted # 2 (nice, want more)

I've now participated in 2 demo games - ACDG2 as the CMN and ACDG3 as a Spartan. There were similarities in both games - lots of activity and interest when they first begin, giving way, as players dropped out or lost interest, to a hard slog by the remaining team members.

Especially with Sparta those last handful of turns, as we worked thru 50 or so bases' build orders and moved around 100 units, the roleplay fell by the wayside and it just became more like any other PBEM.

Maybe an SPDG (I've never been in one) will see less of a focus on the turnplay and more on the between turn interplay and role playing - the turns almost just become secondary to the storyline, serving as fuel for the imagination, I'm guessing

I'm looking forward to it.

And if we do run with SMAniaC, then I need to get a handful of SP games under my belt with it to see what's what

Comment

I do not vote because I didn't play this game.
                        But,if another one comes,I would like to play it.
                        I have SMAC,but not the expantion.
                        (And I know nothing of computers and communications,while having some experience with SMAC).
                        Do you think I may join?
                        Best regards,

Comment

I joined ACDGIII only two months ago and got to play a couple of turns. I wanted to see advanced strategy and I did.

I suppose a strong role-playing focus might keep some people interested long after the game becomes determined. I'd like to see the role-playing feed into the turn playing, so if there is an election and the "planned economy" faction wins, then the turnplayer must switch to planned economy even if it is the wrong move in the game sense. It might be interesting if all social engineering changes had to be approved by a majority or supermajority, if decisions to engage in a vendetta or enter into a pact also required approval.

Given the high skill levels of some of the players, I'd like to see a tough challenge (beefed up AI) if we have a SPDG.
                          Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Well from the DA point of view let me know when you want access to our forums and I'll authorise you.

You have to apply of course.

Comment

Could someone cast 14th vote?
                              Mart
                              Map creation contest

Comment

Working...
                              X