Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by binTravkin

Keep yourself updated!
    Oh yes, I see your Highness remembered to check the forum.

Besides, Gaian Union must admit, that due to recent inactivity of citizens, it had in fact transformed into oligarchy of sorts with only one Pparty existing, consisting of two members - The High Lord Chaos Theory and The Lord Of Progress binTravkin.
    Democracy and all other constitutional freedoms, however, were preserved inside the Party.
    Indeed it has.

As one might expect in such states all matters are decided in secret meetings public discussions over the famous broadcast channel International Communist Citizens Quorum, often referred to as ICQ.
    Oh, how and where things are decided are of no relevance. What is important to me is that you vote in the poll posted in the private forum thus consulting your private forum moderator.
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Okay, there are four votes in Gaian private forum now, a number I consider to be sufficient member turnout. I'll authorize interested members from now on.

Team leaders, inform me when you have the reached the decision about opening of the private forums so we can proceed with wrapping up of private forums.
      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
        Ah well, it just turned out to be a more expensive mission than we had planned.
        It was still a very good mission though I think. How badly did it strike you yellow guys? We were of the impression that you guys were festering pretty good over there on your little continent, did we dent you?

Comment

Originally posted by Modo44
          You do realize you just made the Angels look even more like little bunny rabbits scared of the big bad wolf? I mean, you did not even try to put up a fight.
          We would have attacked your force there if it was worthwhile. Unfortunately one noodle was out of range to make it worthwhile. And without that one noodle we couldn't sink that transport with all those shiny elite rovers on it, ready to pound in at least two more bases with air cover on the way from the former PK bases.

I told you guys that already back then, why don't you believe me?
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Someone should probably tell Skanky Burns the game is over.
            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Sparta has voted unanimously (6/6) to open its forums to all-comers

Our web-site can be found here

Unfortunately it wasn't kept current as members dropped out of sight.

Comment

Forum opened to the public.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder

We would have attacked your force there if it was worthwhile. Unfortunately one noodle was out of range to make it worthwhile.
                  This was probably not just a coincidence. I'll have to re-check the old threads to make sure, but I seem to remember we were quite careful to make sure our troops were adequately protected. Remember, we got infiltration that same turn, and I think we had all except a couple of your air units accounted for. Needles(s) to say, we covered the trannie as well as we had to.

Of course, we didn't want to over-commit our noodles since we wanted them ready for deployment in offensive actions next turn.

Comment

It was a coincidence. If I had sent an airpatrol north-south to check the border instead of south-north, that whole invasion force would have been obliterated. I checked later.
                    Essentially, because a pilot flew wrong, an empire fell.
                    Oh, and retracking the possible approach routes for your ships, we decided to fly more south then west and therefore didn't find the main force coming from there. The other assets were known, since we checked the airforce in the nearest Spartan base the turn before.
                    He who knows others is wise.
                    He who knows himself is enlightened.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Interestingly i noted the exact tile position of your attack fleet beforehand. (yesyes nitpickers i cited the correct tiles last, but it still counts... ) i still dont see south as an option guys. thats out of air cover

Its really quite simple. Just find the furthest tile\easiest to cover, then patrol it(manually). i cant believe our scout needle was out of position...
                      After that i maintained a strict needle rotation in the air and out of interceptor range, so SAM cruisers would be needed to attack us(which never happened...)
                      if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

It's interesting to read (in this thread, and the parallel "musings" thread) how close Sparta came to not achieving its PTS (Morgan) and Angels' infiltration objectives.

The PTS raid was a chapter of accidents on both sides - I was the Spartan turnplayer, and easily could have held that transport offshore - it had more than enough movement points to enter the fungus and disgorge its Rovers next turn, but I got greedy and moved it into the fungus just outside the Port, even although I knew that the Morgan foil was completing that turn - I just assumed that in the fungus it was immune from detection - 'cos I wanted to withdraw it at the end of the exercise (all our simulations, as Zeiter says, showed that we could stack two clusters of Rovers rendering them immune from subversion - but the transport could possibly be subverted).

We had high hopes for the ongoing rampaging those rovers could accomplish in Morgan's interior.

Regarding the Angels excursion - we did have all but one noodle accounted for, and it was indeed fortuitous that it wasn't in play

Finally, reading the Gaian and Angels' forums, it seems that we were just a turn or so away from getting our nose royally blooded (with Shard-weaponed units and possibly a Planetbuster or two - although, recognizing the latter danger, we did get Fleschette defenses up and running in our key SP bases)

A perusal of the Spartan threads will reveal that I'd been calling for an X-raid on Gaian bases for a few turns, to take out the SP and obliterate the base. It was just fortuitous that Zeiter was unable to play that final turn and I went ahead and did it anyway - really without Junta approval per se.

Turned out that it was an accidental stroke of genius - albeit I expected to be cashiered for spending 1200 credits to upgrade 18 noodles to 10-X.

Comment

In the final turns, I was expecting a planet buster from the Spartans sooner or later, but since we could do nothing about it, I didn't worry about it. I also knew that we couldn't put up defenses stronger than AAA plasma steel + aero complexes, so once your units could kill our defenders reliably, we had nothing left to defend with, except distance. We would have sent one or more planet busters your way if we could have hit significant targets, though we didn't know about the flechettes.
                          "Cutlery confused Stalin"
                          -BBC news

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                            It was a coincidence. If I had sent an airpatrol north-south to check the border instead of south-north, that whole invasion force would have been obliterated. I checked later.
                            Essentially, because a pilot flew wrong, an empire fell.
                            Oh, and retracking the possible approach routes for your ships, we decided to fly more south then west and therefore didn't find the main force coming from there. The other assets were known, since we checked the airforce in the nearest Spartan base the turn before.
                            Looking back at the threads, it seems that the whole "invasion force" was mostly there by accident Read this thread:

For some interesting stuff.

Comment

Request for Gaians and Spartans to authorise new members
                              Mart
                              Map creation contest
                              WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

The biggest mistake of DA was that we never till 2190, and also later, changed economy to Free Market. This killed us economically, we had slower research rate, less energy for hurrying stuff.

With more planes we would patrol more thoroughly. That was a matter of that additional plane to see south and north.
                                Mart
                                Map creation contest
                                WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Working...
                                X