Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A SMAC team for the Civ IV about-to-be-set-up Democracy Team game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll join in the pbem game, it should be a good way to meet you all.

Comment

I just bought my copy. I'm still learning the interface. I guess jumping into the deep end is one way of learning.
      Promoter of Public Morale
      Alpha Centauri Democracy Game

Comment

..means you're ready to rumble in a PBEM..
        -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
        -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

O hell, why not. AI on Noble is getting predictable anyway.
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I've just beaten Chieftan :-p I haven't played Civ in two years. Here's to getting handed down big time by a human veteran.
            Promoter of Public Morale
            Alpha Centauri Democracy Game

Comment

Don't worry Vev, after all none of us is a vet (I guess).

Bad news for me - my PC does not accept cIV despite being a little above minimum expectations:
              C 1.2, 256Mb, 64Mb, Ge5200 etc.
              I reckon it could also be because it is quite unstable all by itself (numerous bug/incompatibility reports and the stuff).

After reloading once I even got the 'boot drive failure' error - either cIV is very evil or my PC is very old (5yrs).

I'll see when I get the new one (past 15th nov).
              -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

And when would the PBEM start?
                SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Googlie
                  Chaos Theory
                  binTravkin
                  mart7x5
                  Lacero
                  Vev
                  GeoModder

I guess all persons on the above list wish to play?
                  We play random civs:
                  - you may not get what you like, but you can like what you get...

would all be willing to wait for system upgrades? And anyway, temporarily my civ4 is deinstalled too. I hope to have it back operational tommorow.
                  Mart
                  Map creation contest
                  WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

I think 16 nov or thereabouts is just fine for a start..

Comment

• *Wonders why his name is on the lists when he hasn't even got the game yet*

I said I'd be interested if I got the game and liked it...I still haven't bought it. ^^;;; Won't have the time to until at least December. When is this Diplo game starting?

As far as gods go...the closest to my personality would possibly be Eros, depending on what interpretation you have of him.
                      Veni Vidi Castravi Illegitimos

Comment

• For anyone following the Civ IV democracy game threads, I've put my name forward as a possible moderator for the game

2 reasons:

I enjoyed (and learned a lot about SMAC) thru moderating the ACDG2 game - and I'd expect the same from CMN'ing a Civ IV game

and

While I am playing Civ IV (well, not these last couple of days as I'm "rigless") I never got into any of the Civ III variants, so won't really bring much to the AC team as my experiential base is Civ2, and the game changed so much from those days

Of course, if I'm found unacceptable as a Moderator by the other teams, I trust that tean AC will take me back as a team member nonetheless

Comment

• Originally posted by mart7x5
                          Googlie
                          Chaos Theory
                          binTravkin
                          mart7x5
                          Lacero
                          Vev
                          GeoModder

I guess all persons on the above list wish to play?
                          We play random civs:
                          - you may not get what you like, but you can like what you get...

would all be willing to wait for system upgrades? And anyway, temporarily my civ4 is deinstalled too. I hope to have it back operational tommorow.
                          I got my rig back now, just humming along, even on huge maps

rarin' to go !!

Comment

• I suggest these settings:

Random Civs
                            Small map, random climate -and geography
                            Quick mode
                            Raging barbs (not that we're gonna see many with 7 players)
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• I guess there is no place for a player more?
                              SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

• Depends which one it is...
                                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                                X