Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A SMAC team for the Civ IV about-to-be-set-up Democracy Team game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illu, take my place, so you guys don't have to wait for me.
    I'll be getting my new PC only by the end of week, thus you'll get bored in waiting.
    I will join in the next game(s).
    (and 7 is a very good number for a player count.. )
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• 7 civs on a small map? brutal.

I'm happy with those settings.

Comment

• Game on!!

turn order is:

Googlie
        Chaos Theory
        Illuminatus
        mart7x5
        Lacero
        Vev
        GeoModder

1st turn has been sent to Chaos Theory (ie, I set it up as a PBEM, and with the random seeds, etc. I played my turn, and on ending was prompted to send the e-mail to CT. Didn't ask me to set a password or anything, so I don't know how to set that up. But I am able then to load CT's turn, and see the start position, and sequentially move thru the 7 players.

There's gotta be a way to set a password, but i'm danged if i can find how to

Anyone else find out?

EDIT: the info is contained here

I guess since we are just trying to learn the intricacies of MP play we don't really need passwords - sounds like an awful lot of bother to set a game up

Comment

• shift+alt+D
          (made in the first turn, but I guess any other is ok too)
          - this sets admin password. Please make it in the end save and maybe resend to CT. this will allow also acces other players civs if needed replacement etc.

alt+D
          - this sets your regular password. can be different than administrator password.

This arrangement allows for having CMN, that could be only observer of the game. Having admin password, while no player would know it. However, you can keep it Googlie and be both player and CMN.
          Mart
          Map creation contest
          WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

• I don't know Illu's email address, so here's the turn:
            Attached Files
            "Cutlery confused Stalin"
            -BBC news

Comment

• Remark on strategy.

I find World Wonders pertaining to religions very useful.
              When having in single player holy cities of Judaism and Christianity I got both:
              - Temple of Salomon
              - Church of Nativity
              and although having 0% of economy (100% research) I still get +29 gold/turn
              There is just 19 cities with Judaism, 10 with Christianity.
              Useful.
              I got both Wonders with Great Prophets. In times, when nothing apart from slavery can speed up buildings, this is a good thing to get more hammers
              Mart
              Map creation contest

Comment

• Barbarians seem to be really annoying, and can be dangerous once they start sending Axemen and Swordsmen. A civ without access to horses, copper, or iron is stuck defending against them with archers, which is rather annoying.
                "Cutlery confused Stalin"
                -BBC news

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaos Theory
                  I don't know Illu's email address, so here's the turn:
                  Did you try my my staff address? I'll download and play the turn when I get home.
                  SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                  The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

• Incredble! I got the faction I would least likely choose to play.
                    Attached Files
                    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

• I setup emails in my turn.
                      The game informed me that the email has been sent from within it.
                      Lacero, please see if you have the turn.
                      Mart
                      Map creation contest

Comment

• I coulden't help with anything important, but I'm willing to help with asmuch of the useless stuff as I can
                        What type of idiot quotes himself
                        -paramir

Comment

• I'm still alive and watching ...
                          Promoter of Public Morale
                          Alpha Centauri Democracy Game

Comment

• You should make a thread for tracking either here (ACDG forum) or in C4 MP.
                            -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• it's here

Comment

• I have the turn. lets see now...

Comment

Working...
                                X