Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planetbuster Weapon Non-proliferation Deliberations (PWND)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planetbuster Weapon Non-proliferation Deliberations (PWND)

Honored and disinguished leaders of Planet and Angel representatives. Welcome to this open meeting to discuss the new and alarming technologies that our scientists have developed over these last few years. It has come to our attention that two factions on Planet now have the technology to build so called ... Planet Buster missiles.

In the interest of maintaining peace and stability on Planet, Sparta now assumes the responsibility to start a Planet-wide initiative to stop the production and research into this type of weapon. Should these weapons proliferate among the factions, we will soon see an arms race similar to that of Earth. This is a race nobody can afford in these hard times, and can only end in tears and senseless destruction. Therefore, Sparta will vow not to construct weapons with Planet Busting capabilities, if this is agreed upon by the Gaians, Morgans, and the Data Angels.

It is my sincere hope that we can all sign this peace of paper and forget all this.

One day, I am sure that Planet Busting will be as forgotten as Data Hacking. Remember those days when we used to be afraid of probe teams? Seems like ages ago we stopped caring about those silly things ... Hopefully, this treaty will be as great a contribution to Planet as the Hunter Seeker Algorithm.
    Yes, thanks to Snoddasmannen we can all sleep safely in our beds at night
    27.78%
    No, this is just a cruel political hoax by the wicked Spartans
    38.89%
    No, even if successful, the bananas will destroy us all
    33.33%

The poll is expired.

I cannot say here anything officially, as there is a person in our faction who should authorize such statements. I will, although, vote against any such agreements. I am also surprised, that a Spartan member proposes this.
    I think, that if planet busters are destined to be dropped on Spartan installations, they definitely will be - no matter any political defenses Spartan Federation would attampt.
    Mart
    Map creation contest
    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Read the second option for my [unofficial] answer.
      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Since they are as yellow as our faction colour, we regard bananas as direct competitors and who knows - perhaps one day the bananas will destroy us all?

Comment

Does no one care about peace in our time?
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Too little too late?
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Too little too late?? Sparta has always been a defender of peace on Chiron! Did we search war with Morgan? No. They probed a peaceful exploration vessel from us. Did we search war with the Angels? No. We tried to mediate our differences in public. But the Angels used feeble excuses to not have to pay Zakharov back his money. Do we want to steal technologies? No. We offer tech trades but they are always refused or ignored.

If the Federation has to resort to less friendly methods, it's always because other factions refuse us our rightful place in the community of nations.
              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

If the Federation has to resort to less friendly methods, it's always because other factions refuse us our rightful place in the community of nations.
                Which is!?
                -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                  Did we search war with the Angels? No. We tried to mediate our differences in public. But the Angels used feeble excuses to not have to pay Zakharov back his money. Do we want to steal technologies? No. We offer tech trades but they are always refused or ignored.
                  The Angels already agreed to pay back the energy loaned, only in at a reasonable timescale according to the interest rates Sparta itself used for it's "forced" repayment.

Is Sparta suggesting that all this violence has happened as a misunderstanding? In that case, the Data Angel faction is willing to be repaid for the losses inflicted upon it.
                  The former UN bases might be a reasonable repayment to start with.
                  He who knows others is wise.
                  He who knows himself is enlightened.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I care for peace.
                    Mart
                    Map creation contest
                    WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

I repeat,
                      "Cutlery confused Stalin"
                      -BBC news

Comment

I do not believe you have previously said "".

Comment

As we see Spartans contradict themselves.
                          Not the first time I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                            Too little too late?
                            Was that another "threat"? You should have learned by now that bluffs get called.

Originally posted by binTravkin
                            As we see Spartans contradict themselves.
                            How so?

Originally posted by binTravkin
                            Not the first time I guess..
                            How so?

Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

How so?
                              Well, I could explain, but as the Spartans are the only ones who seem to not understand I wont bother..

Comment

Working...
                              X