Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Spartan Foreign Affairs Officer

Greetings all,

As of this Mission Year, I have been given the position of Foreign Affairs Officer of the Spartan Federation. This means that future diplomatic contact with the Federation will be conducted through me.

Do not for a second believe that personal diplomatic skirmishes in the past with certain factions will taint the professionalism with which I approach this assignment. I will do my very best to continue to fortify the supreme independence of the Spartan Federation and her allies, and to promote peace and stability on Planet.

Peace be with you.

You seem to have gotten an easy job of late.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
      You seem to have gotten an easy job of late.
      Yes it might easily seem that way, but looks can be deceiving. Of course it is true that foreign officials hold Sparta in high regard, and treat our diplomatic contacts with much respect and dignity. But despite of this, it is not always easy for us to negotiate. It has happened several times that other factions have tried to take advantage of us and exploited our kind and generous manners. We often find ourselves signing, or refusing to sign, papers which are very disadvantageous to Sparta, but are the result of long negotiations. Foreign politicians and lawyers pervert our once nobel intents, attempting to profit from them.

It is not always so easy to represent Sparta on Planet, which is so full of greed and selfishness. But I will do my best to stand my ground and protect Spartan interests while promoting the greater good of all Planet.

Comment

Three hurrays for Snoddasmannen!
        Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
        Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

"Cutlery confused Stalin"
          -BBC news

Comment

/me suspects another elaborate (in vain, mind you) move by Sparta to mask their true intentions.
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

/me suspects some Angels are woolgathering again *

Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Working...
              X