Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cataphract887
    removed by request of the high and mighty supreme overlord

Ha! I remember what that said, and I will now use it to my personal advantage to climb the Spartan ranks. Look out Maniac and Googlie!

Comment

Assassinate them?
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

well,the message did hold the secret to the universe,but i doubt the quick glance you got is enough to patch it together again

Last edited by Kataphraktoi; September 21, 2005, 19:42.
        if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
          Assassinate them?
          Well, eliminating prominent military leaders wouldn't lessen the threat on you. In fact, I'm sure you wouldn't like at all to see what the Ministry of Infrastructure could do if they'd take over!
          From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

miles and miles of red tape?

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

But we only wanted to infiltrate them...

-- Colonel Pedro 'Maniac' Riveira,
              "Treatise on Self-pwnage"
              I think your strategic planning department can explain you better all the benefits of this "infiltration"
              Mart
              Map creation contest
              WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Originally posted by mart7x5

I think your strategic planning department can explain you better all the benefits of this "infiltration"
                And I am sure your infrastructure department can explain you better all the benifits of this "people"

Comment

What do you have in mind?
                  ---
                  Ah, you mean that strategic planning is useful? I consider this obvious.

Re the infiltration, the gain of this single operation for Spartan Federation according to our analysis is very large. And the implications will haunt whole Chiron. Several Data Angel bases can hardly be compared to what will come in the future.
                  Last edited by Mart; September 22, 2005, 03:39.
                  Mart
                  Map creation contest

Comment

Originally posted by Snoddasmannen
                    Ha! I remember what that said, and I will now use it to my personal advantage to climb the Spartan ranks. Look out Maniac and Googlie!
                    Yeah, right, like the Crypteia wouldn't have arecord.
                    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

What do you have in mind?
                      ---
                      Ah, you mean that strategic planning is useful? I consider this obvious.
                      No no, I mean that people are useful. Instead of killing your citizens, you can make them do other stuff. Like ... work. Or give you influence in the planetary elections, or maybe sending them off to war. This is why Sparta prefers to keep our people alive.

Comment

They were not killed. Bases were dismantled, population ordered to leave them. I rather dislike this game mechanics here, or no option in game for exactly that - dismissing bases.

There was a reason to do so, but I understand that from your perspective it may be hard to see it at first.
                        Mart
                        Map creation contest

Comment

They were not killed. Bases were dismantled, population ordered to leave them. I rather dislike this game mechanics here, or no option in game for exactly that - dismissing bases.
                          That's a different way of putting it I see how it happened now.

knock, knock
                          "How can I help you officer?"
                          "Sir, you are dismissed." ZAP
                          knock, knock

Similarly, it might seem as though our forces attacked yours in Mart Pact, but certainly not. The game mechanics are not at all representative here. What actually happened was that we dismantled their weapons and bought them all ice cream. Most of them now enjoy a part time internship on Pholus moon as hat makers.

There was a reason to do so, but I understand that from your perspective it may be hard to see it at first.
                          Well, regardless of whether we can see a reason for your actions or not, it will be interesting to read the private forums after this game is over I mark these dates down for future reference.

Comment

Try for a quick takeover and you might be able to read 'm even faster...
                            He who knows others is wise.
                            He who knows himself is enlightened.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

when germany invaded russia in 41 they moved thousands of people and evacuated huge areas to counter the german assault. i wont go into the details,but you can look it up if you so desire

smac has no such quick moving evacuation feature,and therefore the only way to represent this in-game is to raze cities

perhaps some spartans are simply bitter at losing their prize?

Comment

Build colony pods.
                                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
                                X