The Book of Sorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Book of Sorrow

This initiative to let people mourning the death of an unknown number of people during the Spartan raid on the Morgan capital give an opportunity to express their feelings or just sign in.

Signed as a diplomat of the Data Angel faction:

Our sincere condoleances to every relative of the deceased.
    IT GeoModder
    Attached Files
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Rejoice, my friends, rather than expressing sorrow. They went to a better place!!

(We did think of nerve-stapling them first, to dull the pain, so to speak, but when we entered ther base we found all 10,000 so degenerate and high on drugs that it wasn't necessary.)

But you know what?

A miracle happened!!

As they were mostly pregnant women and children, they experienced the "ultimate trip". All were mysteriously transported to a new base that we founded in Arcadia, so that instead of just having a 10,000 population it opened for business with 30,000!!

Imagine that ----------- and in memory of their erstwhile indutrial home we named the base Ironholm, as a perpetual reminder of their miracle

Colonel Googlie
    CO Spartan Covert Operations - CRYPTEIA

Comment

Our prayers are already full for the families and souls of those who gave everything to ensure freedom to their beloved ones.

The last transmission from the Shinsengummi Motorized Unit still echoes in our ears, a reminder of where we came from:
      "Mission accomplished! I repeat: Mission accomplished! Go tell the Spartans that we lie here in obedience to their laws! End of transmission..."

We feel sad but we feel proud!

Captain Vishniac
      From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
        As they were mostly pregnant women and children, they experienced the "ultimate trip". All were mysteriously transported to a new base that we founded in Arcadia, so that instead of just having a 10,000 population it opened for business with 30,000!!
        In this case, it is humanitarian behaviour. If the destruction of the Morganities base together with the Planetary Transit System did not lead to massive loss of lives, but the inhabitants of this base were relocated and their lives spared, it should be noted here. I wonder though, how ex-Morganities citizens will stand Spartan living standards.

And regarding all those who were not lucky to survive, I join to express my condolences.

IT Mart
        Mart
        Map creation contest
        WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

Originally posted by mart7x5
          I wonder though, how ex-Morganities citizens will stand Spartan living standards.
          It should be noted that the Corporation is a faction with high differences in wealth and education. So while they have lots of talents, they also have many drones. The people that have been relocated to Ironholm were drones, but have now been upgraded to workers, and given a fair job to earn their living. So they're in fact better off with us.

I should also note that many of the unfortunate casualties of our raid on Morgan Industries were talents. These were not killed by artillery shells gone astray. Rather, when the MI drones heard we Spartans were coming to liberate them, they rose in rebellion and took revenge against the talents for the decades-long oppression forced upon them. Unfortunately, due to the elaborate Corporate defences we had to cope with along the road, we came too late to act against these riots.
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

What can I say, if simple people can think up so much lies information, what can the best masters of this art do..
            -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

This is not the place for propaganda or "statistics". Let us all mourn in peace.

The Morganites appreciate the gesture, Geo, et. al.
              "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

Working...
              X