Civgroup leaders changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civgroup leaders changed?

I just noticed something: the stars in the civgroup list have changed.
    Googlie and I now have the Spartan star.
    jtsisyoda the Morganite star.
    Illuminatus the Gaian star.
    GeoModder the Angel star.
    Drogue and Snowflake a CMN star.

Skanky Burns still is the moderator of the Spartan private forum though. So I'm wondering, does this star have any effect? Are we now allowed to authorize new members or make civgroup news items or so? If so, how?

Thanks.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Hmmm, good observation. I have no idea what brought the change. Perhaps Drogue knows?
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

If you find out what happened, post explanation here. I want to get rid of it.
      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Hmm - and we don't have any private forum moderators anymore, either

Comment

I knew it, I'm a marked participant now...

perhaps all of us are the most active posters in those respective private forums?
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

In the cgops, Drogue and Honghu are labelled as something called a "(Minister)" for CMNs. I still seem to have the ability to appoint and remove newseditor status, and I suppose that means I can still add new people to the forum.

I haven't actually tested the authorising part because I don't want to authorise the two people that currently have pending status.

At a guess it might simply mean that ministers are able to also add new people to the forum. So private forum membership isn't paralysed when the main admini isn't present.

Comment

Mmm, me and modpowers? Could be a dangerous combination...
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Re: Civgroup leaders changed?

Originally posted by Maniac
                I just noticed something: the stars in the civgroup list have changed.
                Googlie and I now have the Spartan star.
                jtsisyoda the Morganite star.
                Illuminatus the Gaian star.
                GeoModder the Angel star.
                Drogue and Snowflake a CMN star.

Skanky Burns still is the moderator of the Spartan private forum though. So I'm wondering, does this star have any effect? Are we now allowed to authorize new members or make civgroup news items or so? If so, how?

Thanks.
                These new things are "ministers". I have no idea what they do, I was attempting to find out. I thought it was possibly something to do with posting news, and I thought if I authorise the current turnplayers (or highest ranking officers) to see if they can authorise people.

I'll return them if you want, I thought with people absent, they may be a useful function. Sorry for not warning people, I completely forgot I'd tried it, with everything going on here
                Smile
                For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
                  Hmm - and we don't have any private forum moderators anymore, either
                  They haven't been changed, and the original people stil show up as "authorize", meaning, IIRC, that they still have moderator power.
                  Smile

Comment

As far as I can tell, minister's can do nothing. I can't authorize people into CMN forum, and I had normal mod ability before. Those that started as mods are still mods, and have not been changed. They're still the only ones who can authorize.
                    Smile

Comment

Re: Re: Civgroup leaders changed?

Originally posted by Drogue

I'll return them if you want.
                      Remove mine immediately.
                      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

'Please' might be a nice addition, Illu.
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I created a thread about it in the Apolyton/Community forum.
                          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
                          X