MorganLink Special Broadcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MorganLink Special Broadcast

We interrupt our regularly scheduled "Wealth is Life!" webcast to give you the scene at a far-flung Morgan Embassy...

Wump-wump-wump-wump!!

"What's that noise?" several interns wondered at once.

Ambassador Mead sighed. "Choppers on the roof," was the quiet reply. The interns' quizical looks cried out for an explanation. "It can mean only one thing," Mead continued. "Emergency evacuation. Get to the roof immediately."

"But-- our files!"

"Forget about those. This place has probably been bugged for months." Mead dropped his hand-computer, bent over to unlock a drawer in his desk, then addressed the hesitant: "What are you waiting for? Get up there."

The Ambassador pulled a holstered sidearm from the drawer and strapped it on. "This could get ugly," he muttered under his breath, to no one in particular-- the once-bustling office was now empty. A draft from the staircase blew papers onto the floor. Mead stepped on them without hesitation. Footprints smudged the oversized headings: "Treaty and Commerce Agreements."

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming...
    "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Wonder what happened to that chopper ...
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake
      Wonder what happened to that chopper ...
      So do we. So do we...
      Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

I can't believe that they had to run that over "Wealth is Life"! I shall be having words to the executives at MorganLink.
        #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
        #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

I know what you mean...

It took me hours to finally program the holovid-recorder, and when I was back from golf work, what did I have to see? A stupid special broadcast instead of my beloved "Wealth is Life"...

Argh, I will surely have my secretary write some mad letters at MorganLink...
          Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
          Let me eat your yummy brain!
          "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Gentlemen calm down, full recordings of the feature as well as its advertising is available for a small fee to morganlink 3d broadcasting corporation.

Comment

How much is small?
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Oh, I think it´s about an hour´s wage of a typical Morgan Industries worker ( ~5 day´s wage in Gaian lands or a tad more than the widow´s pension in Sparta)...
                Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                Let me eat your yummy brain!
                "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

You're very wise for not to speculate about the wages among the Angels.

Have you found out already were the Morgan deficit in the annual budget comes from?
                  He who knows others is wise.
                  He who knows himself is enlightened.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                  X