• For old times sake.
    Attached Files

Comment

• haha thats really nice edit of snoopy
      -=/+\ Wuy3 /+\=-

Comment

• Thanks wuy3, glad you like it.

Drugs... Method?

Can you add additional comments and corrections in the CMNs forums. I did a rough snapshot of the game after reading all the private forums and looking at the most recent turn. However, you guys will probably have a clearer view on some things.

Comment

• Yeah...Sure I will

Anyhoo, Kody be yarrr and woo.

Comment

• Working in a beauty salon for dogs now, Kody? How queer.
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Good to see you're still doing a great job editing those Peanuts, Kody.

On another note, where would I find this MP editor of yours to swap cities between human factions? (I thought I remembered talk of it around here last ACDG...)
              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• where would I find this MP editor of yours to swap cities between human factions?
                Yeah, Im interested too!
                -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• Umm if you're wanting it for the ACDG, I can give Drogue a copy and he can handle the necessary changes.

However, if you want it for one of your PBEMs you need to ask one of the CMNs that setup games. While I would have liked to share the editor with everyone, I previously decided it was more sensible to just give it to just the senior CMNs. Since they also have a far greater vested interest in the game than I do, I think it’s better if they decide how it’s distributed if distributed at all.

Around the time I was developing the editor, Enigma published a thread on how to remove reload messages. So ever since I worried that some bright spark would take the necessary steps to reverse engineer the program and write a forum thread telling everyone the details, and possibly use what he learnt on actual save files.

As a result I added some security, passwords for all the players need to be known to edit the save file, but wouldn't stop some bright spark fairly determined to use the editor to break the game.

Comment

• Around the time I was developing the editor, Enigma published a thread on how to remove reload messages. So ever since I worried that some bright spark would take the necessary steps to reverse engineer the program and write a forum thread telling everyone the details, and possibly use what he learnt on actual save files.

As a result I added some security, passwords for all the players need to be known to edit the save file, but wouldn't stop some bright spark fairly determined to use the editor to break the game.
                    Uhh, thanks for a warning Kody, we should keep our eyes open!
                    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• And, Kody, if you're still hovering somewhere here, could you give some tips how to spot if someone has tried and retro-engineered your program?

It could be helpful to detect such cheaters as EN.

Comment

• Atm I doubt anyone has had the chance to do so. It didn't get distributed very far, and the people do that have it I highly doubt would try anything. As far as I know only 2 CMNs have it and that's it. Furthermore, you need to be somewhat tech savy to misuse it. So I'm fairly sure it's not being used for bad purposes.

I don't have any clue on how to detect cheating based on save file editing. I guess it's the same as detecting other cheating, if something seems amiss something may be afoul.

Comment

• If changes or swapping bases was needed in the ACDG, I am sure Buster would still oblige to implement the exchange.
                          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• I was thinking about another PBEM game I was in.

IMHO you're being overly paranoid but given I couldn't run it anyway probably and its yours to distribute as you see fit after all *shrugs*.

If Googlie has a copy, I'm good.
                            I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

• /me celebrates a working upload feature for his account! (finally!)
                              He who knows others is wise.
                              He who knows himself is enlightened.
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Originally posted by Kody
                                As far as I know only 2 CMNs have it and that's it.
                                buster asked me for a copy, and I gave it to him, as he does a lot of CMN'ing. Otherwise, anyone who has asked me for a copy why I have deferred them to either Googlie or Kody. FYI.

D

Comment

Working...
                                X