Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So wait, how is it possible to launch a coup d'etat in this demogame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So wait, how is it possible to launch a coup d'etat in this demogame?

I was reading The Phalanx, and it mentioned a coup d'etat: is that possible?

Military units can defect in a drone riot, or by probe team, perhaps, but coup d'etat?
    Arise ye starvelings from your slumbers; arise ye prisoners of want
    The reason for revolt now thunders; and at last ends the age of "can't"
    Away with all your superstitions -servile masses, arise, arise!
    We'll change forthwith the old conditions And spurn the dust to win the prize

Well, if 'rebels' manage to severe internetlinks of the loyalists to the private forum not much can be done against it, I think.
    One need to think large in such thing ehh, not on a base level.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

There was sort of a coup d'etat in the Hive last ACDG, so I guess anything is possible
      Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Of course you can. We had not one but two unsuccessful coup back in the Hive.

Like Ms Frizzle said, Get messy! Make mistakes! Your action is only limited by your imagination.
        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Yeah, there were quite some people who abandonned the Hive last DG... One even embraced being a Cyborg for a while.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Alas dear Jamski... I knew him well...
            I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

And see what they did to him. Totally lost in the darkness ... Must have been using him as human specimen for some of their unethical experiments.
              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Hey - watch it!!

You're talking about one of our revered leaders, and that's Major Jamski to you plebs

Comment

Has the dear Major Jamski sobered up yet?

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake
                    Must have been using him as human specimen for some of their unethical experiments.
                    Erm...
                    [innocent]
                    /me looks at the Prime Function of that time...
                    [/innocent]
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

*hic*

Major Jamski is still working on dark projects from the secrecy of his intercontinental transport foil.

-Jam
                      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Perhaps it's better not to remove the experimental inplant from his head afterall, Function Geo. At least he's enjoying the illusions.

/me looks at Major Jamski with pity.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Comrade, a victor's request is ours to oblige. We'll do as you please...
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

OMFG, I just worked out that Snowflake is HONGHU!

/me is SO stupid*

-Jam
                            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Jamski I can't believe it.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                              X