X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Castle of Templar Brotherhood of Muir

Het Masteens notes: Vol. 1

The logo of the Templar Brotherhood

Captain Hoyt was looking down from the balcony, the vista from the 270 metre high “nest” would have been stunning to anyone else, but Hoyt was used to it. He was afterall the former captain of the Templar treeship, the Yggdrasil. This legendary airship was 300 meters long living organism that could lift hundreds of thousands of tonnes of treestuff, cargo and crew into 400 meters on an instant, and stay airborne indefinately. How this was possible was only known to the highest ranking knights of the Templar Brotherhood of the Muir. Since the original Yggdrasil had been destroyed this was the second coming and known to the Templars as simply as “duo”. The construction of the ship was well on its way but the Leader of the Templar order Het Masteen was worried whether they were able to finish the project in time. Masteen stood at the atrium of Hoyts apartment.

-“What do you mean we must modernize?” Hoyt asked.
    -“Well, look at it this way. There are thousands of Gaian Citizens out there but virtually noone knows what the Bortherhood is all about. We haven’t surfaced since the Planetfall. Its about time we go public and aquire a much more visible role in building of this faction.” Het Masteen, the True Voice of the Tree replied.
    -“My friend, surely you remember what the Book says. Don’t you agree that the 500 member limit is still valid and that we are still on the “hibernation” before the prophecy reveals itself” Hoyt reminded Masteen.
    -“Yes, I realise that the Book instructs us to keep low profile until the signs start to appear. And this is exactly why I am here and need your backing at the council vote next week. We have signs. It has started, and we must finish the ship. The 500 member rule is obsolete now and we need to start recruiting new members who are ready to defend the secrets of the Muir and the values we and gaians have in common. The Final Conflict is about to start and the misguided are growing in power and numbers rapidly. We must be prepared. Thats why we must evolve” Masteen replied.

This was Masteens decision and Hoyt nodded agreeingly trusting his colleagues judgement, he also knew that Masteeens decision was final. Het Masteen gave Hoyt a scroll containing some of the original drafts from the Book of Revelations, and the rest of the Yggdrasil blueprints. Masteen left Hoyts apartment at the central nest of the Gaias Landing and headed back to the catacombs, a network of secret undeground tunnels leading leading to the Urho Castle, the Headquarters of the Brotherhood. The castle was made of white sandstones found east the capital. It housed most of the 500 knights but was built for 4000, the required number of the so called “guardians of the deep” the elite guard of the capital on the eve of the final battle.

Masteen quickly proceeded to his chamber and requested a VidLink with Lord Obstructor, formerly the most influential figure in the Council of Lords of the Gaian Union, and was considered vanished for past few years. Masteens security code was accepted and the link was set up. Obstructors face appeared on the wall.

- “Greetings my friend, I’m sorry to wake you up this early” Masteen said.
    - “Yes, yes, its okay I was just going to wake up soon anyways. What is it?” Obstructor asked looking still half-asleep.
    - “ The templar brotherhood is going to make an announcement soon, I wanted to tell you first.
    - “ I see, thank you. What is this announcement about? Has it started?
    - “Yes, it indeed has” Masteen confirmed. “I will contact the others too, Lady Snowflake next”.

Lord Obstructor was one of the few aware about the true purpose of the Brotherhood. In the past he had been the spokeperson for the knights and still kept close ties with them. Because of this he was familiar with the teachings of the Muir and the prophecy involved. Therefore Masteens news wasnt a complete surprise to him, still he never had thought it would start so soon after the Planetfall.

After speaking to the members of the Council of Lords of the Gaian Union Het Masteen called for the meeting of the Templar elders. The 12 member ruling council met in the Octagonal hall in Urho Castle. Its wall were made of green jade and the round table was somekind of deep blue cobolt. In the ceiling was a moving holographic map of the galaxy. The nightly meeting had been called with short notice and some members were still being waited. When all members were present the “mutes” handed out scrolls and special memory chips to each member. The deaf-mute assistants were used because of their unquestioning loyalty and disability to hear the conversations. Het Masteen stood up and spoke.

“Welcome everyone, I’m sorry to call you all without any early warnings, but the matter at hand is acute. The scrolls are copies of the original book of revelations and the memory chips contain the plans in 3-D and holographic pictures. As you see the secret text has started to appear on the empty ancient scrolls. Just as promised in the prophecy every month text appears at one scroll, the scrolls will be complete in just 9 months.

The chips contain holographic footage from the recon mission our friend Captain Lord Laurentius conducted last week. The Battle Ogre they found near the ---------------- contained something peculiar. Although it must have laid there untouched for thousands of years, it contained blue prints of a ship very familiar with the original Yggdrasil. ”

The debate lasted for nearly 5 hours wich after it was decided to contact Lord Smacsim. But first The True Voice of the Tree Het Masteen consulted The True Spirit of the Tree Ket Rosteen who was the spiritual leader of the Brotherhood about how to proceed with these matters...

(this story is part of the gaian IC strory)
    Last edited by laurentius; July 21, 2004, 11:25.
    Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Templar elders:

True Voice of the Tree(The Commander in chief of the order): Het Masteen
    True Spirit of the Tree(The Spiritual leader of the order): Ket Rosteen
    The Tages (Commander of the military wing): Larth Cusu

Others identities are not yet revealed.

Interested in joining us? Join the Gaian faction first and contact me via the appropriate channels.

Below a picture of Larth Cusu, the most skilled knight.
    Attached Files
    Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Modernization is expensive: holoscreens, rovers, ultraband communication relays, Xenocomfort pillows, and 1 um precision machine tools are only some of the equipment needed for a modernization effort. Morgan Industries would be delighted to help finance the Templar Brotherhood of the Muir in your modernization efforts. We are not greedy. All we ask is scientific details on how treeships operate, and a few working samples. Through such a deal, both parties can profit handsomely.

Comment

Nice IC excerpt
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Let them colonize Hyperion...
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
          X