No announcement yet.

Pholus Lunar Newscast #3 - Suspension of Debating and IC story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

erm, some or even will happen as a result I guess?
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Well I was just thinking that some trees may be burnt and some worms may be roasted.
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by Hydro
        Kass – another thing. What, exactly, IS a former? ............... For instance, do you seriously believe that two pilots in a wheeled single box can terraform a sector on Chiron in four years? Or drill the mantle of Chiron in 24 years to build a borehole? ....................... I imagine a veritable fleet of vehicles that can be configured as needed, a mobile biologic factory and manufacturing arm to build what is needed, and shape the earth as is desired
        See the following from flavor.txt (my bolding):

Extracted from flavor.txt
        #TERRAFORMING UNIT
        Crew: 367
        Composition: Bonded steel\ceramic
        Armament: Sidearms only
        Armor: Passive (Applique)

Comment

Hmmm. Shouldn't building formers lower your population then, given that I think each pop point is supposed to be 1k?
          "Cutlery confused Stalin"
          -BBC news

Comment

Although that flavor.txt says that a colony pod's crew is 1000, I think the game sees 1 pop as 10,000.

When you obliterate a captured base, the message is 20,000 put to death, etc when the pop is 2 (or 200,000 when the pop is 20!!)

Comment

My guess is that the CP is a preliminary vehicle transporting the first founding workers, and the other 9000 come in in the same year... And Chaos, the former crews can always go back to base after workshift eh?
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Well, what if the former dies? I don't think its crew can sprint back home faster than attacking mindworms devour their brains, or hostile forces string-disrupt them.
                "Cutlery confused Stalin"
                -BBC news

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie

See the following from flavor.txt (my bolding):
                  missed the quote quote, but anyways, 367 is a Baltimore prefix, and very likely where Sid or Brian was living (Pikesville -Mt. Washington neighborhoods south of Hunt Valley)

I'll guess that number of crew is no mistake
                  Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos Theory
                    Well, what if the former dies?
                    Then the crew is dead as well of naturally. But this doesn't mean that former crews can't get to a base in more peacefull times between shifts. The former, military units, bases,... are placeholders in the game, not actually the whole entity.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                    X