Roleplaying - signups, questions, suggestions, announcements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roleplaying - signups, questions, suggestions, announcements

This is the roleplaying organisation thread. For dealing with roleplaying issues in the present and in the future.

Current activites include.

Pholus Lunar Newscast
    The Pholus Lunar Newscast - submissions thread is where you can contribute your stories or make advertisments. The editor will incorporate these into the newspaper.

Inter-factional Debating
    The Inter-factional Debating Teams will work by teams. It will be fairly relaxed in nature and will be judged by the CMNs. It will be judged according to the quality of the arguments and the delivery that means it’s far more likely for a team to win if they make good points, and organise their overall arguments and rebuttals into something posts that are easy to understand and entertaining. The setup will be similar to the debates that occurred in ACDGII.
    Hive vs University & Drones - nervestapling is perfectly safe.
    Cycon vs Pirates - cycon's parrots are better than pirate's parrots

Initial suggestions for debating topics can be made in this thread. If there are several topics put forth the topics will be polled.

It is important for each interested team to put together a core debating team. This is required so that teams without interested people can be excluded from the debating allocations. The initial debating teams are only needed for a team to qualify in the debates. So a team member who didn’t initially sign up for the debate can contribute if his or her team is okay with that.

It is expected that 1 week will be given to organisation of a debate, 1 week for the teams to make their arguments and a few days for judges to decide the winner. The period between successive debates will decided according to activity and demand, at this time it is expected that a debate will only occur once every month.

Inter-factional IC story
    The Inter-factional IC story is something that hasn’t been tried before. It’s something like a choose your own adventure only with multiple people and you write the story segments. I hope it will be fairly informal and mistakes in plot, grammar or spelling will mostly be forgiven.

The story won’t follow exactly what is happening in the gameplay although participations can reference things that are happening in their faction or have happened in other factions if they wish. However, to prevent secret information being leaked story segments should not concentrate too much on the issues that are not common knowledge outside their faction.

Each faction will have their own viewpoint on the story, only the CMNs will have the full picture of what is going on over the full story. The narrator’s job is to guide the various threads and allow for the story threads of various factions to overlap and interact with each other. This will be interesting as you won’t have the full picture so while you’re writing you are also trying to explore the events in the other story threads.

When you contribute a story segment you can label the story with the factions that are allowed to see it. If you do so the factions you have labelled will get a copy in their story thread and will be able to react to it either by writing a story segment that you can see, or by writing a private story segment where events happen that you will only find out later. Story segments without labels will be assumed that you don’t want other factions to find out. This means you can decide what events or information in your story are top secret easter eggs that other factions have to find out the hard way.

First, for this to get off the ground a few people have to be interested in contributing. If nobody in a faction is willing to contribute the faction needs to request to be included to have the public parts of the story posted to their forum. This is so factions don’t end up with a story thread that they’re not interested in contributing to and not interested in reading.

To announce whether you are interested in contributing you can either private message me or post your interest in here. Factions that are interested in reading the story as it unfolds can also post their interest in here too.
    Last edited by Kody; July 4, 2004, 00:32.

I'm interested in contributing to the story and I'm sure we Spartans would love to read it as well. I'm also sure we'll be able to put together a Spartan debate team.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Excellent,

I'll see about getting it started.

Comment

Debating sounds like an idea.

Comment

I'm confused...

"Cycon vs Pirates - cycon's parrots are better than pirate's parrots"

PEACE won that debate... but what are the new debate topics... or should there even really be any until everybody has met?
          I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Someone needs to figure out the debating topics. Doesn't nessacary have to be game related, just interesting for both sides.

Comment

i am in!
              Bunnies!
              Welcome to the DBTSverse!
              God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
              'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

The discussion Maniac and Hydro had in the Voice of Planet thread might be expanded to a debate. Something like "Mankind can not co-exist with the indigenous life of Planet" vs. "Mankind can co-exist with Planet".
                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Another faction needs to nominate at least a debating team of one person.

At this time only there are two spartans that are officially in a debating team and one or two others that have expressed interest, but haven't agreed to be in a debating team.

Comment

A debate? Come on teams - who wants a debate team? That could be a great way to attract new members.....
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Perhaps you need to specify your position on the planet issue before they decide they want you to be in their team.
                      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Is that the first debate topic then?
                        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I'm sure the CMNs can help to set a debate up for that topic if sufficient interests are shown.
                          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Woohoo - that was a converstaion stopper, wasn't it?

G.
                            Last edited by Googlie; July 21, 2004, 08:51.

Comment

Did this idea die???
                              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Working...
                              X