Concerning ACDG2 Faction Tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerning ACDG2 Faction Tags

I see that Mark has preserved all the ACDG2 faction tags (I belive this was a Drogue's request). But I have noticed that the groups remains unrestricted and many people are sporting all the tags from that period when we began opening up the forums and you had to register with that faction inorder to see it. The byproduct of all this is that we now have way too many little faction tags and its no longer obvious who was in what faction last game (especialy for the newbies). So I have a proposal.

I think we should retire all the individual Faction tags from ACDG2 and replace them all with a single "ACDG2" tag that all people who were partispants in that game can ware. Afterwards the group should become restricted so anyone cant simply add that tag at some later date.

We could do the same with this game either creating the "ACDG3" tag once this game is concluded and folding all the members of the 4 teams and the CMN's into that group.

Team specific Tags would only be used for the Current Democracy game, this will avoid much confusion because we are inevitably going to re-use a faction in one of these games and we wont know what game a persons tag referes to if their was a previous game using that same faction.

Lastly if this proposal isn't adopted then I would ask that if nothing else that people who were NOT partispants in a particular faction last game would withdraw (as I have done) from it so that only the real members of that faction show the tag (mods ofcorse being exempt). I suspect many people have just become greedy for tags here or have been sloppy and not withdraw from groups after they read the forums.
    Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

I like the tags. They're fun.

Comment

I think this is a good suggestion. While fun, these tags may increase server loads too I think. I will withdraw from the ACDGII teams which I do not belong.

[Edit] How do I do that?
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Go to the Civgroups page and scrooll to the second page at the bottom and you will see the old ACDG2 forums and groups, their will be options for each group. Join if your not a member and Forums/leave if you are. Just hit leave and your out (but you should still be able to access the forums as their not unrestricted)
        Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

I think this is a good suggestion, however I haven't read all the acdg2 files especially the Drones and a number of Hive IC files. I don't want to lose access but if they are open to everyone to puruse now, without having to be authorised, then np.
          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Yep, they're open to all. The various fora at CGN have also been opened to all. FYI.
            Play hangman.

Comment

Re: Conserning ACDG2 Faction Tags

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
              I think we should retire all the individual Faction tags from ACDG2 and replace them all with a single "ACDG2" tag that all people who were partispants in that game can ware. Afterwards the group should become restricted so anyone cant simply add that tag at some later date.
              I like my individual faction badge.

Lastly if this proposal isn't adopted then I would ask that if nothing else that people who were NOT partispants in a particular faction last game would withdraw (as I have done) from it so that only the real members of that faction show the tag (mods ofcorse being exempt).
              This sounds fine though.
              Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

I'm not a fan of badges. I don't see the point of being tied to the past, but I guess if people would prefer to be then so be it.

I'd prefer a postcount to a badge.

Comment

A postcount is also a reference to all the things you wrote in the past.
                  Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                  Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Or how active you are in the present.

Comment

I think this is a good idea. I say keep the tag of the team you were on, but drop all of the others.
                      Civ IV is digital crack. If you are a college student in the middle of the semester, don't touch it with a 10-foot pole. I'm serious.

Comment

Can I be re-credited with my Hive badge, then?
                        Might as well prove I have some DG experience.

Comment

I will never give up my Hive tag! It is the epitome of Hverian-ness that is directly correlated with awesomeititude!

Seriously though, I like the idea of keeping your original faction tag. (Ok, so I'm biased. )
                          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                          *****Citizen of the Hive****
                          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

An easy way to leave the groups you no longer want to be in is to click on the badge next to your name and then click leave on the page that loads up. None of this messy scrolling business.

I want to keep my badge from the previous game. I think others should too.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Meh.
                              Well, y'all can keep your badges. I'm more interested in the upcoming game than the past one. >_>

Comment

Working...
                              X